Skip to main content
Topic: Death Valley- thank you (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Death Valley- thank you
Yahoo Message Number: 158072
Thank you guys.
 We've decided to go a bit earlier than we'd planned to avoid the 90 degree weather.  We're going in on the east (Beatty) side and we've got a reservation at the Stovepipe Wells concessionaire campground.  We decided to do that so we can unhook during the day to sightsee and have a guaranteed place to come back to at night.
 We know 4 days is short, but it's what we have.  We think of these short trips as recon missions to check out places and see if we want to come back and spend more time.

Syndi 2014 TK Super Flea
2014 TK
The Super Flea

Re: Death Valley- thank you
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 158073
Just to let ya know we were in Death Valley last March temps  were hitting in the 100's.  But as they say, not me, its a dry heat....so is my oven.
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Re: Death Valley- thank you
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 158075
Being a Death Valley patron for many years, average temp for March is mid-60's with high's about 80 degrees and lows in 50's. Not sure what's trending but March isn't that hot of a month. Temperatures don't usually hit 100's until June.

Beautiful area. My preferred time is Oct when kids back in school and temperatures max out in the 90's.

John

Re: Death Valley temps
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 158078
PS: After you open the link, click on "history". If Mar 2014 doesn't show, you can get to it via the dropdown arrows.
Formerly: 2002 30' IB