Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone lower the TV in a MB? (Read 22 times) previous topic - next topic
Anyone lower the TV in a MB?
Yahoo Message Number: 157921
We are just one week into our 4 month shakedown run. One thing we have found is a stiff neck watching the tube on the sofas in the rear of the LD. I think if the TV was lower it would be a better position for viewing. I know we should be outside enjoying our surroundings but this is football season. So has anyone lowered their TV or other modification. Thanks John in Oregon.  (currently in San Diego for Jan) 27 MB 2015
John in Bend, OR

Re: Anyone lower the TV in a MB?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157929
John,
 Welcome to your 4 month "Shakedown Cruse".  Since you plan to be in the San Diego area for the month of January, you might want to investigate the EscapeesJ Park in Southern California.  See the following website:  Jojoba Hills RV Resort - Home
 Some 20 Lazy Daze rigs call Jojoba Hills their home base.  Should you wish to take a tour (or even camp for a few days), feel free to call the Park office or call me at (805) 469-1121.

Joe G.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 157930
It would help if you told us what floorpan you have, and model year.  There are different original setups in each. Many of us have upgraded.

-Dave '06 MB, Indianapolis

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 157931
Dave, The OP, John, put the type of rig in the title.  He has a mid bath.  Don't feel bad about asking through.  The way the yahoo format comes up after a few replies you can't see the title.

I am grateful for the question though.  I too would like to lower the TV if it is possible.  I don't watch TV that much when camping.  But when traveling  or if the weather is bad it is nice to have.  While lowering the TV it is way down on the list of things to change or do, I agree it would be nice to bring it down a foot or two.
John 07 MB
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 157932
John, I'm not sure how the newer 27' LDs mount/support the TV, but you may be looking for an articulating TV mount which will lower the TV similar to this: Omnimount Play20X Interactive TV Wall Mount 26 Googling "articulating TV mount" will get you a wide variety of examples.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 157934
John, We have a 2010 MB and my husband used the same Mount. He used the lower hole as the top hole and drilled a new lower hole below it. It doesn't lower it a great deal, but it helps.
Mary Tribbett

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 157935
I have a 2001 mid bath that had the old tube type TV/VHS combo unit.  If you are just watching in bed or by couch I could not see the need for a large LED/LCD TV.  Or any extensive rebuild of the existing TV cabinet.   I selected a 12 volt smaller TV that would still fit in the cabinet hole without any modification.  I mounted the LED TV with a longer arm that allows us to pull the small LED TV out of the cabinet opening and tilt up or even down below cabinet a few inches (also tilt right/ left as needed).   A bigger TV in the back area just seems overkill to me.

Now I would like to have another TV up-front probably coming out from the right side of overhead bunk wall; however, I've not figured this out yet as to the best approach - I would like something around 19" range for tailgating Ohio State Football games and not so much while camping.

Larry D
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 157950
I have a 2001 MB and went a different way with it, really lowering the TV and using the cabinet for storage.  I detailed the project here = Project - TV Cabinet

I can't say I watch a ton of TV anymore.  Half the time I'm boondocked where I don't get a signal.  But, I can connect my external hard drive (movie storage) to the USB port on the TV and it works great.

Jeanne Planning to see Roger and the gang in Quartzsite around the 19th