Skip to main content
Topic: Numbers on a rig, and being a member (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Numbers on a rig, and being a member
Yahoo Message Number: 157799
Hi Kent. The Rig numbers are voluntary. You can have the number on a  temporary sheet placed where you want, on a window or in a window. As Art said  most useful when someone is looking for you. It also keeps you from walking into  someone else's rig by accident, or to help you find yours! Amazingly if you own  a blue one, when bunched up they do 'all look alike'. Also when you are driving  away with TV antenna up or step out, it helps someone else call you on the CB to  let you know.
I've been a member since 2001, and then the company did  sponsor the club (not by much though) and they wanted to encourage people buying  new rigs. When the company ceased supporting the club in about 2007, the club  opened it up to every owner. Talking to oldtimers about the club, originally  every one who had one was invited. But as attendance soared into the 200's and  300's trying to book places with enough space was near impossible, so the  decision was made to limit rigs to just first time owners. When we joined it was  common for owners to trade around to used rigs, sometimes within the  club, to get different floor plans, or freshen up the mileage. Some rigs were  brought in from people who were never in the club, or people who had to  drop out for whatever reason. Once a member, if you bought an SOB, you could  attend at some campouts, the campgrounds of course are usually open for others,  but not at Lazy Daze prices. If you bought another Lazy Daze you could rejoin  with your original rig number. I prefer the present way where anybody with a  Lazy Daze can be a member. Hope this fills in a little history.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Numbers on a rig, and being a member
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157824
Thanks Ron,

Having our LD for only two months now and fresh from the Mothership, I was not happy about missing out of the Caravan gatherings, but unwilling to stick anything to its pristine finish.

Your input and historical perspective is greatly appreciated. At this time, the Caravan gatherings fall during my work schedule. However, retirement is only a couple of years away. After that time, I will be able to attend more frequently.

In the meantime, I have booked several local trips to Big Bear Lake, CA at the Serrano campground.

Having mid week days off makes things nice and senior discounts keep the cost down so one or two local trips a month are very doable.

The thought of being surrounded by LD's is intriguing and I look forward to becoming part of the group.

Thanks again,

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: Numbers on a rig, and being a member
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 157828
I am a SoCal Caravan member and have no numbers on my LD. When I arrive at a gathering I just tell the person taking payment my member number. If someone asks later just give them the number. I was told posting them is optional.

bobmoore14