Skip to main content
Topic: Refrigerator Vent Door (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Refrigerator Vent Door
Yahoo Message Number: 157782
I'm trying to locate a replacement outside refrigerator vent for my 1998 Lazy Daze.  I looked through the postings and didn't find any information.  When you open the vent, there are cracks on the inside perimeter, thus making if flap in high wind driving.  I'd like to buy it soon, and the Lazy Daze office is closed until after New Year's.
 I posted a photo of what my vent looks like in the photo section.  I measured (when you open the door) 13 X 21 inches.
 The closest I can find is one on eTrailer.com.  However, the listed dimensions are 13 3/4 X 21 7/8 inches.
If you go to eTrailer.com and put in Ventline D8171-03 you can see the vent.  (The link didn't work on Yahoo Groups.

Has anyone bought a replacement vent door?

Thanks in advance for any and all help...

Cheryl 1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath) 2002 Honda CR-V
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Refrigerator Vent Door
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157783
There is a company that might have, I think its called surplus rv parts. I googled an found some old early 90s molding there.
Good luck.

Re: Refrigerator Vent Door
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 157798
Hi Cheryl; The Ventline louvered side refrigerator access door should be  the correct part. The dimensions given are probably the outside measurements of  the frame including the door part. If it is like my '99 door you would need to  drill out two pop rivets to just swap out the door. It looks like the new door  frame portion isn't painted, if you replace the entire assembly. My '99 door has  an angle aluminum bar running the width inside the door just above the latch to  keep the door straight. I'm not sure why yours would flap in any wind. I can see  mine in my mirror and I'm sure I would have noticed if it were moving. Is your  latch mechanism adjusted correctly? Does the door fit flat in the  space correctly? I didn't see any cracks in my door or in the frame. I hope  this was helpful. RonB with a '99 TKB.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB