Skip to main content
Topic: Dometic AC Model Number (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Dometic AC Model Number
Yahoo Message Number: 157498
While we have documentation and manuals for most of the equipment and appliances, we don't have it for our Dometic AC.  I plan to download whatever I can find from the Dometic website or ask them to mail me copy.  I don't know the model for our AC and can't find anything on the unit to give me a clue.  My best guess is it is a Dometic 540316, which is the 15,000 BTU, non-ducted unit as listed in the following link.

http://www2.dometic.com/b97fb7b3-584c-470d-b19d-6b5d758792f7.fodoc

Btw, our LD is a 2009.  We'd be appreciative for your help.

Ed & Margee Fort Worth

Re: Dometic AC Model Number
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157500
Ed

The tag showing the model number is most likely under the roof-top shroud. Four screws hold the shroud on.
Be careful hen removing the shroud, sunlight makes them very brittle and prone to cracking.

https://edometic.com/h.nsf/model_serial_tag_location.pdf

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 157504
What u didn't get the one with an elevator?
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 157505
Good idea John.  We'll do that right after we finish the sky lounge!    From time to time, I have wondered what the most "interesting" upgrades folks have made to their LD.   Perhaps a washer/dryer or a fireplace? The kayak lift certainly must be included in a list of interesting upgrades.  For what's it worth, I can't say I have done anything that qualifies as an interesting upgrade, not even a spice rack!  And so it goes,

Ed & Margee Fort Worth

Interesting upgrades
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 157506
If you want to see upgrades, go to message 157492 and click on the Upgrade King's, Larry Wade, link to his photo display of everything he's done to his Lazy Daze. It's amazing. Also, if you have time, scroll through the photo albums. Many Lazy Dazers have posted their upgrades in this area.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: LD Upgrades
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 157507
I saw a Lazy Daze with a pinball machine in it...in my dreams. But it would not work without cutting into the overhead storage cabinets. Guess what upgrade King was ready to give it a try? Larry has broken new ground with upgrades he has done to LD's. When he talks about LD's, listen. You will probably learn something. Same thing with Jeeps.

bobmoore14

Happy Holidays to all Somewhere in the windy Nevada desert where I can use my Pyromid. Time for lemon chicken.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 157509
Ed & Margee,

When looking for the model number of our Dometic AC unit, I too was at a loss as where I might find it.
 I finally located the model number on a plate attached to the chassis of the AC. Our AC unit is new and yours may vary.
 While facing the rear of the coach and looking up at the AC unit mine has two filters that pull out from the front of the unit.
 Pulling the right filter out and looking upward into the AC unit, I located the manufacturer identification plate that has the model number stamped onto it. The filter had been concealing it from view until it was removed.
 A flash light helps as it is dark up there and the numbers are small. Hope this helps with your search.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: LD Upgrades
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 157510
I do know of an LD that had a washer - dryer added--not at the Mothership.

TinaP

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless
2006 MB

Re: Interesting upgrades
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 157511
Chris:  Wish I could figure out how to do what you suggest regarding finding interesting upgrades.  Okay, Yahoo, I give up.  s/Terry Apple
Terry Apple
2013 RB 27 Baby Blue Bentley

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 157514
"Wish I could figure out how to do what you suggest regarding finding interesting upgrades.  Okay, Yahoo, I give up.  s/Terry Apple"

Select all conversations and on the line that has Topics ....Messages .... [Message #] ... bingo!  Then cut and paste the message number that Chris mentioned in this post into that Message # space select the search icon. Yea ole' message pops up. Hope this helps.