Skip to main content
Topic: Everything but the Kitchen Sink (Read 18 times) previous topic - next topic
Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Yahoo Message Number: 157380
Ok, I've replaced alot of stuff in my '05 RB, and I've found lots of help from LD groups.
Now I need to replace the Kitchen Sink.  I've seen some threads on trying to find a SS sink etc.
That would be nice...but I am to the point now that I need to replace the sink, even if I have to use the exact same kind of  Lyons Brite Star Acrylic sink.  Would like to know if anyone has done this replacement job? If so, could I get some info about the project?  (Just one ____ project after another.)

Forever Smiles,  Takoma Tedd

Re: Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157382
Larry replaced the kitchen sink in my rig with a stainless unit. It was a major job and he told me no way he would do another one. He had to cut and try the fit in the countertop many times because no template was provided with the sink. Also the plumbing had to be extensively reworked. All in all a major PITA. But when clean and shined up it looks sweet.

The problem with the acrylic sink is it is prone to scratches and chips over time. I was glad to put mine in the dumpster. Whichever way you go if you don't already have a good fresh water filter and tap incorporated in your countertop this would be a good time to do it. This was a missed opportunity for me and I regret it.

bobmoore14