Skip to main content
Topic: Doings in Denver Area? (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Doings in Denver Area?
Yahoo Message Number: 153521
Hi to those in Denver--

I'm heading out that way on Thursday (7/2) to see an aunt & enjoy the beauty of Colorado.  Her retirement complex is in Englewood (so far I've successfully boondocked on the street in front of her place each time I've been there--at least no one's knocked on the door to move me.)  Chris, I expect the weather will be waay better than when I was there at New Year's!  :-)

I'll head back to Missouri on Wednesday (7/8).  I don't have time to get clear over to Cedaredge & the Mesa where we used to go with the Aunt & Uncle, but I was wondering if there were any LD gatherings happening within a day's drive of the Metroplex during that time?  I'd love to start putting some faces with the names I see on this site.  Thx!

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, '05 30' TB Lilly, 4-Legged Alarm
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Re: Doings in Denver Area?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 153532
Lynne, I'm not aware of any LD gatherings/events around here. There are no organized LD groups in CO altho there are LD owners. We are leaving tomorrow for Big Sky, MT for 3 weeks, otherwise I would swing by and say hello.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 153559
Thx, Chris..another time.  Have a wonderful run to Montana--perhaps you'll share recommendations when y'all get back.  I'll probably make another run out that way in the fall...that's the wonderful thing about the LD--bed...bathroom...load up the dog & hit Highway 36.  :-)

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, '05 30' TB Lilly, 4-legged Alarm
Lynne

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 153563
We just left the front range last week, taking our new to us 22' 1989 home. It got about 11 mpg going the 300 miles from Colorado Springs to Durango.

I am still amazed at how well built this unit is. I've been in RV's 6 months old with more interior wear and busted cabinets and the like.

This weekend we will go "around the corner" and camp at Vallecito, about a ten minute drive, as a test run for actual camping.

Perhaps somebody on this list can help me with one item- The florescent light over the kitchen sink does not work. I have swapped tubes with other lights and still no go. I can't find any switch. Could this be a bad ballast or something?

Her are some photos of our unit from the dealer lot.

1989 Lazy Daze 24′ Class C #L5 $4500 | KC Auto Sales

Thanks!

Jeff

1989 MP

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 153564
"I have swapped tubes with other lights and still no go. I can't find any switch. Could this be a bad ballast or something? "

Jeff

Most likely the ballast is bad. New fixtures are expensive It's great time to convert those florescent lights to LEDs and save both money and battery power.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 153566
I've converted full size tubes to LED in my house and been very happy with the results.

I will test for 12v at the fixture, and assuming the fixture is getting power, I'll direct wire LED tubes.

Thanks!

1989 MP

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 153583
Hi, Jeff--

Congratulations on you new-to-you baby.  Where did you stay over on the front range?  I'm starting new adventures when I go out this time--visiting the Aunt & Uncle was always the point of our annual sojourns & we saw lots of lovely places & had wonderful daytrips from their place just a hop from the Tech Center area or over at Cedaredge on the Western Slope (Durango to Silverton was a delight when my kids were little & I plan to return now that it's just me 'n the dog).  Uncle is now gone & though I been able to park on the street in front of her retirement center in Englewood, I thought I'd see where else the LD might lead me.  I know with the holiday weekend things are probably going to fill up.

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, '05 30' TB Lilly, 4-legged Alarm
Lynne