Skip to main content
Topic: Screen Door Opener (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic
Screen Door Opener
Yahoo Message Number: 153423
Many years ago, LazyDazer, Paul Grindie, designed a screen-door-opener-plunger-gadget whereby one could open the screen door without moving the slider.  Although I did find some references to it in a 2006 conversation, what I need now is a photo or drawing of it so my B-I-L can make one for me.

(On the night before my departure for cooler climes, my cat propelled herself (as in shot through a canon!) through my open screen door slider and won't show her face again until she gets *really*  hungry -- possibly two more days.  (This plunger-opener project has now moved to the top of my list.)

Could someone, anyone, point me to a diagram or photo of the door opener, or send me a PM with photo details to lorna dot dunham at gmail dot com.

Thanks, Lorna - not a happy camper yet!
2003 RB

Re: Screen Door Opener
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 153424
Hi, Lorna,

Here's my version of the opener:
 http://www.wxtoad.com/index.php/lazy-daze/odds-ends/screen-door-opener

I hope Puddy-Tat has returned.

Cheers, Ted

PS: I'm missing your blog and GREAT photos!

4. Posted by:   lornadunham
 Date: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:02 pm ((PDT))

Many years ago, LazyDazer, Paul Grindie, designed a screen-door-opener-plunger-gadget whereby one could open the screen door without moving the slider.  Although I did find some references to it in a 2006 conversation, what I need now is a photo or drawing of it so my B-I-L can make one for me.
 Could someone, anyone, point me to a diagram or photo of the door opener, or send me a PM with photo details to lorna dot dunham at gmail dot com.

Re: Screen Door Opener
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 153426
Thanks Ted; I've imported your photo into my library.  I'm sure my b-i-l will be able to fabricate an opener from your photos.

The cat was originally a feral; she's still a kitten and is not easily trainable or tempted with food.  No sign of her yet.

Thanks also for comments about my blog.  With 142,000 miles on Second Wind, I'm pretty much stationary about half of the year now.  And as you're probably aware, blogging on the road with iffy connections can be cumbersome and time consuming.

Thanks again for the photos Ted.

Lorna Still stuck in Coarsegold
2003 RB