Skip to main content
Topic: Back to the Spark Plugs for the earlier V-10's (Read 30 times) previous topic - next topic
Back to the Spark Plugs for the earlier V-10's
Yahoo Message Number: 153265
A few months ago there was quite a discussion on this subject. Despite all the difficulties etc. of frozen and potential broken plugs, I still was considering to attack this problem myself. However, circumstances have changed. I honestly am not a racist, but being on blood thinners, I am very much afraid that by the time I would be finished with this project my appearance may have changed to the point where my wife as well as others may not recognize me any longer in the skin color that I currently live in.
 However, I did study the procedures to remove the plugs and how to remove the broken ones, and installing inserts, in case this happens. It did raise some questions for me:
1. Did any one in the group, who changed their own plugs ever needed to extract a broken one with the special tools for this.
2. Upon replacement of the short-threaded plugs where either blown or loose plugs were encountered,  how often should the new plugs be checked?
3. Has anyone ever installed replacement thread inserts?
 Although I am fortunate to have a trustworthy shop I am still curious what can be anticipated.

Looking forward to some expert opinions.

Aad Rommelse
2001 MB