Skip to main content
Topic: Strange problem with Shurflo 4008 (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic
Strange problem with Shurflo 4008
Yahoo Message Number: 153237
Last night I left Shurflo 4008 water pump on. I came home and it was making a terrible noise. I looked at it and all four screws that were holding pump assembly to the motor had backed completely out and were on the floor along with some metal shavings/dust.

Anyway I had a spare. The new one cycles rapidly when on. Troubleshooting guide says shut-off pressure is too low. I know there are two adjustments (bypass and shutoff pressure) I just dont know which is which.

I had a similar problem a year or so ago and someone on here pointed me to a document that described the adjustment process with diagrams. I should have printed it. Can someone help me.

thanks, Fred

Re: Strange problem with Shurflo 4008
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 153255
Thanks,

It's always a good reminder to use this site for so many things.

Barry "O" 06MB - Ruby Red
2006 27' MidBath

Re: Strange problem with Shurflo 4008
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 153256
Fred,
 I had the same problem last fall, with a pump that looked and sounded just like yours. But what really amazed me was the pump was still working and not leaking a drop of water! Mine was just shy of 4 years old.
 Fortunately I had a spare with me. The episode also prompted me to make some improvements so I could more easily swap out pumps when on the road - wire connectors for the 12V feed and a shut-off water valve in front of the pump. Now I don't have to drain the fresh water tank to change the pump.

WxToad Toad Hall

Posted by:   fred.heard62
 Last night I left Shurflo 4008 water pump on. I came home and it was making a terrible noise. I looked at it and all four screws that were holding pump assembly to the motor had backed completely out and were on the floor along with some metal shavings/dust.