Skip to main content
Topic: New to "The Family" (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
New to "The Family"
Yahoo Message Number: 152779
Hi everyone.

We've been members of this group for a while now but didn't own an LD until a couple of weeks ago.  After a steady flow of emails, photos and phone conversations, we sealed the deal from our home in Ohio with Kay's RV LLC in Moriarty, New Mexico. Sight unseen. I have to tell you, that Kay's customer service has been absolutely the best that I have ever experienced in my lifetime. She was prompt with replies to questions and materials and went above and beyond to make sure our "new home" was everything that she said it was.  She made buying long distance a great experience!

I just posted a few photos of our new-to-us rig; 2004, 30' MB, and we couldn't be more pleased with our purchase.  Hoping to go full-timing in exactly one year from now!

Bud in Ohio (well, not yet... still enjoying the camper enroute!)  :-)

Re: New to "The Family"
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 152782
Congratulations Bud on your new to you LD. Looks like a very nice clean rig. I actually like the 30' mid bath with the twin beds. If I was interested in a 30' that would be the the one I'd look for.

Happy Trails,

JO

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 152799
Thanks Jo. This group has been invaluable in our decision making process. Hope to meet other LD owners while on the road from time to time!

Bud

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 152802
Contrats.  I was a member of the group before I buying also.   I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have or more.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 152809
Hi, Bud--

Congrats on your new-to-you baby.  Nice to add to the LD population east of the Rockies (I'm in north MO).  I, too, lurked for what seemed like forever until finding mine, & also bought sight-unseen...though her previous family put excellent pix under the "photos" tab & a group member who lived near her previous home graciously looked her over before I headed out on Amtrak to complete the deal.  There is a great sense of community with this group--sharing knowledge & adventures & civility & laughs (including a "thymely" one I still giggle about).

Lynne LDy Lulubelle, '05 31' TB

Lilly, 4-legged Alarm
Lynne
LDy Lulubelle, Green '05 31' TB
Lilly, the 4-Legged Alarm

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 152846
Hi Bud & Barbara, We are the folks who previously owned your 2004 LD (sold on consignment through Kay's RV) and we're so happy to hear that you love the rig.  We traveled fulltime all over the country for eight years before settling down in the mountains of New Mexico and we loved every minute of our traveling adventure.  Even though we haven't posted to it in a few years, here is the blog of our travels.
 http://chrisandfrank.blogspot.com/

Good luck with your travels and keep us posted.  If you ever get in the vicinity of northern New Mexico, we live near the town of Rociada and have a full hookup site in our driveway.

Chris & Frank

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 152852
Chris and Frank,

I went to your blog and started reading about your Japanese Chin. I still have tears in my eyes as I write this. I also had a Japanese Chin. I've always had big dogs all my life but bought this little girl around Christams time 1990 which I named Gizmo. She brought so much joy to my life. She also passed away of heart problems when she was 10 yrs old.... I think it's awesome that Bud & Barbara now has contact with the owners of their new LD ( to them) and that they are invited to visit where their LD use to live. I'm now going back to your Blog to check out your adventures you had with your LD. Thank you for share'n this with all of us ..

Peace, *:) happy

JO

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 152854
Nice to "meet you", Jo.  We love the Japanese Chin breed -- sweet and loving little dogs, they are not nervous nor are they barkers and they are great travelers.  A year ago we adopted two more Chin from a rescue group in Denver and they are just wonderful companions.  I highly recommend the breed and also the Japanese Chin rescue group in Denver.
 Yes, it's great that we know who bought our LD as we sure loved living in it and are so happy that another family will enjoy new adventures in it.  I hope we hear more about their travels on the LD Forum.  Those years were sure special for us and we have memories that will last a lifetime.  We are still traveling, but now we have downsized to a Roadtrek class B and only go out for a week or so at a time, but we still enjoy the spirit of adventure.

Hugs, Chris

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 152861
Hello Chris & Frank!

What a pleasant surprise to hear from you through this group. Thank you for your offer to visit if we're ever in your area. Chances are, we will be as we plan to spend our first full year of full-timing in the beautiful state of New Mexico, beginning May, 2016. Their generous State Park program is primarily the reason, but I am also in love with that state, and have been since stationed at Holloman AFB (Alamogordo) in '74/'75.

My wife and I will certainly go to your blog. We so love reading about other RVers, especially full-timers.

Bud & Barbara

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 152863
Chris & Frank,

We do have a couple of questions concerning the unit and I am wondering if you'd be open to contacting me "off group".

Nothing serious, just a couple things we've been scratching our heads about and can't figure out. Not sure if my email addy is hidden on here or not, so here it is; itsjustbud at yahoo dot com.

Thank you, Bud