Skip to main content
Topic: New Rear Shades Project (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
New Rear Shades Project
Yahoo Message Number: 152521
I downloaded some photos of a project we finished on our 23.5 TK. We liked the HUGE windows in the rear, but found the factory valances covered more of the windows than we liked. So I fabricated some plywood covers for the rear corners, and we had some nice shades ordered from Lowes. Turned out pretty nice.  Now we have privacy, but can open up the windows for that GREAT panoramic Lazy Daze view out the rear.

Don

Re: New Rear Shades Project
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 152540
Don we have a 23.5 TK. was thinking about new shades. But. Spent the winter with 18 to 30° nights. Found that the frame on the bottom of the shades locked into place under the windows. It was a major draft stopper. Mind you the winter temps were supposed to be in the 40's. But even with a 40 -50° night it was very helpful.
Not sure if you can add that feature to your blinds and it may never be an issue....
Sandy KalleAnka Vt

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 152542
I also have a 23.5 TK. Spent a cold winter in OR. this year and found if I stuffed cardboard with foam insulation into the rear side storage compartments it stopped cold from coming in. Not practical when traveling because I need the storage but great when staying put a couple months. A cheap $15 electric heater from Walmart really helped.

bobmoore14

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 152544
Not too bright of us but it took a while to realize the electrical cord opened into an uninsulated space behind the stove storage space. No wonder the poor dog was so cold!  Still not resolved to my satisfaction.