Skip to main content
Topic: Weather radio question... (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Weather radio question...
Yahoo Message Number: 152244
I used to have a S.A.M.E. weather radio - came in very handy several times in the southeast in the spring! ;-)

A question about a feature listed for the Midland WR300: the website description (https://midlandusa.com/product/wr-300/ )  states that the radio has "23 programmable counties/provinces"; does this mean that the radio is capable of programming 23 counties in each of the 7 NOAA districts (and/or the Canadian weather districts), or 23 counties/provinces in total? I can't think that it would be the latter; there are well over 3000 counties in the U.S.! (Granted, not all might be subject to weather events severe enough for warnings, but 23?)

I'm pretty sure that I'm missing some basic point here (that happens a lot more frequently than it used to! ;-) ), but perhaps someone might clarify the "23 counties" feature?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Weather radio question...
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 152245
Joan,
 Looking at the Midland WR300 manual, it appears that the SAME alerts can be set up for ALL counties for which the radio can receive alerts, a SINGLE county, or MULTIPLE counties (up to 23).  Multiple makes sense if you are near the border of two or more counties.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Re: Weather radio question...
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 152246
OK, got it! Thanks, Art! I should have RTFM! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home