Skip to main content
Topic: Advice for towing a Nissan Maxima (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Advice for towing a Nissan Maxima
Yahoo Message Number: 151574
Good day to all,
 After some weird results within the forum in response to my search, I've decided to ask here.
 Does anyone have any experience with dolly towing a Nissan Maxima with their LD? If so, please offer any insights.  I don't tow with my LD, but am thinking about helping my sister move, and may offer to tow her car down to Florida for her if it's not too much trouble.  Any advice or precautions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
23' FL--2003
Bill
2003 -- 23' FL

Re: Advice for towing a Nissan Maxima
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 151575
If it is a one time deal, probably best to rent a U-Haul trailer as when you go into modifying either the car or the rig, cost mount up quickly.

Bob in Florida  SE 5

Re: Advice for towing a Nissan Maxima
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 151578
Bill,

There is a lot to consider. How much does the tow car weigh, how much does the two dolly weigh, Do you need to modify the Nissan Maxima to tow, etc: Here is some info that may help you decide. What ever you decide, always consider the totally weight you are towing with what the LD can tow safely: Choosing Tow Dollies - HowStuffWorks

Good day to all,
 After some weird results within the forum in response to my search, I've decided to ask here.
 Does anyone have any experience with dolly towing a Nissan Maxima with their LD? If so, please offer any insights. I don't tow with my LD, but am thinking about helping my sister move, and may offer to tow her car down to Florida for her if it's not too much trouble. Any advice or precautions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bill