Skip to main content
Topic: Water system (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Water system
Yahoo Message Number: 151506
What am I missing?

1) My 2011 MB was de-winterized in Alaska early March, but water was not available until I got to WA. Filled fresh water tank, went to purge system of air - nothing happened.  Turned water pump on - nothing happened. Split second later water was heard running. It flooded out of the kitchen cabinet. This was a busted water filter housing. One has been ordered. the stop gap used to shut this down until new part comes in.

2) Still no water coming out of any faucet within the rig. All screens checked and cleaned. Interesting bits of sediment found, but not enough to clog system. Blue Sky Mobile guy tried to discover what is clogging my system. The outside shower provides a high pressure flow tho.   Taking faucets off prompted gushing flows of water as if pressurized out of the bottom of faucets base. The toilet sprayer is the most powerful I've ever seen since I've had the rig. Wish it was this way all the time. But I digress.

The pump was checked early on and then re-checked with this high pressure gushing out. Remember, this is the fresh water tank, not city water.  Pump is not the apparent culprit from what the Blue Sky guy says.

I plan to get new faucets to replace these two. Shower head was changed too. Finally able to purge air from system. Water heater comes on normally, heats normally, etc.

3) Went to take a shower today. Turned on water heater, when ready turned on water pump. The pressurization of the system is way-y different noise then what I had before. Not sure how to describe it and I don't now know what is normal.  The water started out with a decent spray but immediately loses pressure down to a dribble.  But the water was gurgling out of the faucet handles and the bottom of the hose. Weird.  Tonight, I wanted to do dishes. Water is a decreasing dribble.  Where's the high pressure?

Melinda 2011 27' MB
http://wovenjourney.blogspot.com
2011 Mid Bath

Re: Water system
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 151507
Melinda

I suspect your faucets are plugged with sediment or calcium.
Every faucet has one or more screens or filters. Some can be cleaned, some can't.
Try removing the screen from the bath faucet or remove the hose from the hand piece, on the kitchen faucet, to see if that's the cause.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 151511
Larry, All has been taken apart seeking the apparent clog, blown out, sucked out, screens cleaned when found, as I mentioned before. It makes no sense that everything quit functioning at the same time.

Melinda
2011 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 151512
If there were any clogging before the pump, or any problem with the pump, there would be no significant flow anywhere in the system - bot the toilet hand flush, not the outside shower.  I think Larry nailed it.

Ken F in NM
'08 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 151513
Yes, it was clogged last Fall when they went to winterize my rig. That discovery flooded my kitchen floor. I was real surprised by that, as I double filter my water coming into my rig, change my filters frequently. But I had no issue with my water system back then.

The pump filter was the first item checked for the present situation.

Melinda

Might the screen before the water pump be clogged as well?
2011 Mid Bath