Skip to main content
Topic: Totally Useless Trivia (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Totally Useless Trivia
Yahoo Message Number: 151364
Tonight marks a milestone in our lives: it will be our 2500th night in a Lazy Daze. It all began in May of 2003.
 Now, where is everyone?  We have been on the road  (East Coast) since  Halloween and have yet to set eyes on another LD.

Ah well, happy trails to all.

WxToad -- Sent from WxToad's Galaxy S5 via K9

Re: Totally Useless Trivia
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 151367
Kathy and I have been out a couple of times:  from Stuart to Tampa for Christmas, and a couple of short trips on the east coast.  Note that the SE Lazy Daze Group is having a Get-Together on the west coast of Florida at Crystal River from March 23rd to the 27th at Crystal Isle RV Park.  Come on over as we'd like to see you again.

Bob and Kathy  SE 5 30IB  AE
Kathy and Bob on the Go

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 151370
Oh, and we are neophytes a about 2000 nights.  {:>)

Bob SE 5
Kathy and Bob on the Go

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 151375
Congrats on the milestone Ted and Liz.  Wistfully looking at mine buried in the ice and snow and chomping at the bit for spring to come!

Pete and Gaila Call

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 151377
Congratulations, Ted and Liz!  And how sweet was that first NE LD rally in March 03 when we got to see those dozen or so rigs all together!  Helen

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 151391
Thank you all for your kind comments regarding my post. Yes indeed, we have met some wonderful folks over the years, thanks to our LD.
 Helen, that was pretty neat getting those New England LD's together at Wells State Park in May of 2003, wasn't it. And it grew over time, adding more and more neat folks. Like Pete and Gaila  - I hope your LED taillights are still working, Pete. :)
 And speaking of LED taillights, I should mention the kind generosity and hospitality of Larry W, who graciously let us park in his driveway way back in 2008 while he installed LED's n our first LD. Thanks to his excellent tutelage, I had the courage to tackle the upgrade myself when got our RB. Larry also, via email, walked me through the process of upgrading our converter/charger and adding a hardwired surge protector. At the end of his detailed instructions, Larry wrote "Plug it in. If no smoke, then success." Happily I can say there was no smoke.
 Bob, Yes indeed,  we remember meeting you on the Beartooth. What a great place that was. We ended up spending the night up at the top of the pass at over 10,000'. What a spectacular sunrise we enjoyed the next morning.
 We're currently staying at the NASA campground at Cape Kennedy. A neat spot right across the river from the launch pads and the cruise ships at Port Canaveral. Not sure for how long - we're not known for planning our travels very far in advance. Eventually, though, it will be time to head back to New England for the summer. Hopefully the snow will be gone by late April.

Again, thanks for all the kind comments. Safe travels to you all.

Ted & Liz aka WxToad

-- Sent from WxToad's Galaxy S5 via K9

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 151394
Hi Ted and Liz!

We, too, ambled along the East Coast on our way to this winter's spot in Melbourne Beach, FL, having left ME in mid-October.  We saw maybe 1 LD in our month's ramble before landing here, and while here we have seen 0 LDs!  I know John DaCrema was in the neighborhood for a while, so that could make a second LD for the trip so far.

Your LD days count has inspired us to figure out how many nights we've been in our LD...we usually do about 7 months a year since we picked up "Wild Thing" in early '07.

We're generally thinking of heading home in mid-April, or whenever the massive snow pile in front of our condo melts.  Our neighbors send photos often.

We hope to catch up with you and all the other NELDs soon...recent gatherings have been unfortunately not do-able on our timetables.

TinaP 2006 MB "Wild Thing" LD 2967 NELD 59
2006 MB

LDs in the Southeast
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 151405
Tina:  Just wanted to let you know that the SE Group is having a GTG on the west coast of Florida March 23rd to the 27th at Crystal River (Crystal River Isle RV Park).  Come on over and meet up with us.

We have invited Ted and Liz, who we met on the Beartooth a few years back, also so we can all have a grand GTG.  {:>)

Bob in Florida, SE 5, 30IB AE
Kathy and Bob on the Go

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 151411
Hi Ted and Liz,

Yes, the LED taillight that you so graciously installed on my 2003 MB are working perfectly - I haven't had folks behind me guess what I'm going to do since you completed the work. Gaila and I had such a great time in Monson, MA at the GTG that you hosted. Still remember that great ice cream place where we met for dinner!

Already looking forward to digging out the camper and getting ready for our spring GTG in PA.

Pete and Gaila

Re: LDs in the Southeast
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 151413
Bob:  Thanks for the invite.  If it's possible, we'll be there, but I can't make a promise beyond that.

And an LD sighting update:  Late yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 2/28) on our way to downtown Melbourne for dinner, what did we spot but a teal/green LD!  Sitting in a municipal lot at the waterfront....anyone here?

TinaP
2006 MB

Re: LDs in the Southeast
Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 151420
Hi guys We are camped out for the winter months in Longs SC until the end of March when we start to head north. In the 3000 miles we traveled up and down the east coast in Oct before a crisis landed us we saw 3 LD's. One going east on 84 in Ct when we were going west on our way to the ne rally in Sept and 1 at I believe Paynes Prarie state park in early Oct. One going south in SC when we were heading north to Rock Hill SC late in Oct. That has been it. LD'S are really scarce on the east coast! We are so looking forward to seeing everyone again in a couple of months.
Sandy KalleAnka Vt