Skip to main content
Topic: stuck bottom drawer (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
stuck bottom drawer
Yahoo Message Number: 150840
Good Morning all,  I have an interesting problem.  As we are packing 'baxter' for our next trip we can across a drawer that seems to be stuck in the closed position.   It is the bottom draw on the closet side of a TK.   We removed the top drawer for a better view of the bottom draw.   I've pulled and pushed to no avail.    It is just stuck in a completely closed state.   Any ideas? 
glen google.com/+grhafford  glen google.com/+grhafford

Re: stuck bottom drawer
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 150841
Glen,

Probably no help, but you did pull *up* the drawer handle before trying to pull it out?

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 150843
Alex brings up an interesting point. There is a square notch at the front of the draw that is to keep the drew closed. My 3 draws at the kitchen sink would not always stay closed on dirt and wash board roads. I removed the draw and cut the notch a little deeper and wider with a square file. Now they stay closed.

George

Retired Plumber

Probably no help, but you did pull *up* the drawer handle  before trying to pull it out?

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 150847
Well Baxter and our Mistress Dazee  have identical stubborn drawer issues! Just that one-in-particular... When I cannot get it open and in frustration ask my other half, Jack, to do it, he just gives a lift, a little pull and VOILA! Open! I feel like an idiot but that one drawer is persnickety no matter what anyone else says!  All Dazees have personalities and I would not want it any other way!  Happy Trails, Alexandra

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 150848
The "lift and pull" drawer opening and "close and push down to lock" techniques are essential to opening and closing any of the drawers in any and all LDs, but that particular drawer in the TK has a space behind it; items stored in the drawer, particularly those at the back of the drawer, can come out and slip into that space behind the drawer, causing problems with opening and closing. I know this because I have wrangled that drawer out a few times to retrieve stuff that fell behind it, including a half a roll of rubber mesh shelf liner.

Please post the outcome of your drawer adventure. ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home