Skip to main content
Topic: Buy with resale consideration (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Buy with resale consideration
Yahoo Message Number: 150324
I always consider resale. At my age, my life has changed way too often for me to be tied to a choice I made yesterday. I have found it easy to figure what would re-sell because it is what I would buy for myself. I look at it as an investment, albeit depreciating, rather than a possession to be used to oblivion. That is why I purchased the LD instead of SoB.

But that is just me.
Terry Apple
2013 RB 27 Baby Blue Bentley

Re: Buy with resale consideration
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 150325
I look at the purchase of "toys" exactly the opposite. Cars, bikes, boats, roller skates, RV's,etc. When I buy them, on my personal financial statement, they are expensed; I.e. not carried as an asset.  I buy what suits our current needs with zero consideration given to potential resale value.

I couldn't imagine ordering an RV, car, etc. and basing my color choice, model,  options, etc. on what, I hope, someone else might like, someday, maybe. It's my RV.  Why not get exactly what I like?

When sold, I view the money as found money. Much as if I had won a lottery.

Ed

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 150327
"I always consider resale. .
But that is just me"

I have seen and been asked to make some major changes in late model LDs over the years. I'm still shaking my head over a couple of them.
The resale conversation has always been brought up, it's a huge deal to rip out a couch, dinette or wardrobe. Many times, a different motorhome is needed to accomplish what the owner really wants.
With the exception of well and executed designed desks, many major modifications will decrease the revalue of the LD.
LD should offer a desk option.

When removing any part of the interior, save as much of the expensive stuff as possible, such as the cushions, doors, drawers and any hardware.
It may be worthwhile to think about how the interior can be restored back to the stock or near stock look, to retain the resale value. Keeping as much of the removed pieces as possible, in storage, would be of great help in converting back to stock.

You never know what's coming down the road that may change your life completely, overnight.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 150328
I'm with Judie on this one: when I buy something, I'm buying it for myself, to please myself--not for the next guy down the line. After all, it's my money paying for it, not his!

Just my two cents worth. :-)

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 150331
"I look at it as an investment, albeit depreciating, rather than a possession to be used to oblivion."

---- I'm in a race with my 2003 to see which one of us reaches the state of "oblivion" before the other; I don't think it will be the rig! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 150344
(Smile) at my age I assume my 2014 LD will outlive me.  It will be my kids problem.

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King