Skip to main content
Topic: Fridge issues with Propane (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Fridge issues with Propane
Yahoo Message Number: 150010
Hey LD folk: we have 1992 22' Sweetheart and are trying to figure out what we must be missing in efforts to get the fridge to run when on gas!! Works great on electric and 12v but will NOT with gas.  Tried new thermal coupler, tried cleaning vent, checking connections and fuses, taking apart and putting back together...  Yikes!  The model is Dometic RM 3604.  Any thoughts and/ or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,  Jack and Alexandra

Re: Fridge issues with Propane
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 150011
Hey LD folk: we have 1992 22' Sweetheart and are trying to figure out  what we must be missing in efforts to get the fridge to run when on  gas!! Works great on electric and 12v but will NOT with gas.  Tried new  thermal coupler, tried cleaning vent, checking connections and fuses,  taking apart and putting back together...  Yikes!  The model is Dometic  RM 3604.  Any thoughts and/ or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,  Jack and Alexandra

It has been a few years since I had a unit that old. You have a thermal coupler. Are you saying that the gas will NOT work at all. Rule out every thing but the gas and supply. Brake the gas union to see if you have gas first. Will the gas light. But goes out then you release the TC button valve. Then it should be TCer. If the flame stays on then check the gas valve. As I recall it is opened by the thermostat. Jumper the gas valve to see if it will open.
 It has been 25 years since I used that kind of frig and I never had one give me a problem so never had to trouble shot one.

George

Retired plumber

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 150012
Hey thanks for getting back to us! Will check out your suggestions and keep you posted. Everything else that uses propane works fine...  Jack

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 150013
The burner orifice may be clogged. *Don't* poke anything into the orifice; try soaking/cleaning it with alcohol and a compressed air blow-through to dry it well. Good luck.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home