Skip to main content
Topic: Floor Mats - Cab (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic
Floor Mats - Cab
Yahoo Message Number: 149408
I recently upgraded my cab floor mats with the purchase of the heavily advertised WeatherTech brand.  Thus I have a set of the LD branded mats acquired when taking delivery of my 05 RK available for no charge if anyone could use.  Just pay the postage which I suspect would be about $10.00.  .  Tan in color and in good shape.  Email Tom % tomfay2006@....

From: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 1:58:34 AM
 Subject: [LD] Digest Number 9404

There are 14 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1a. Re: Humming noise From:  inditers_ink
 1b. Re: Humming noise From: Alex Rutchka

2a. 'Humming' from the converter From:  rntb99
 2b. Re: 'Humming' from the converter From: older_fossil

3a. What and Where? From:  debdog2009
 3b. Re: What and Where? From:  andybaird2000
 3c. Re: What and Where? From: Sandakat Writer

4a. Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  w6fdo
 4b. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  andybaird2000
 4c. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  w6fdo
 4d. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  w6fdo
 4e. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  chorst_2000
 4f. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From:  andybaird2000
 4g. Re: Bypassing inverter for TV electronics From: *Eric Greenwell1*

Messages  1a. Re: Humming noise Posted by:  pgray58@... inditers_ink Date: Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:57 am ((PST))

I've got a hum too, and just assumed it was "normal". As I'm not comfortable doing this sort of thing, where's the best place to have this sort of work done?

Pat

Messages in this topic (8)  1b. Re: Humming noise Posted by: "Alex Rutchka" ax.rutchka@... rutchka Date: Sun Nov 9, 2014 5:07 am ((PST))

Well, Andy it's all a question of what part of the linked article to look at.  Here is what I refer to:

"Magnetostriction  is a second source of vibration, where the core iron changes shape minutely when exposed to magnetic fields. The intensity of the fields, and thus the "hum" intensity, is a function of the applied voltage. Because the magnetic flux density is strongest twice every electrical cycle, the fundamental "hum" frequency will be twice the electrical frequency. Additional harmonics above 100 Hz or 120 Hz will be caused by the non-linear behavior of most common magnetic materials."

And further down:

"This hum is usually at the second harmonic  of the power line frequency (100 Hz or 120 Hz), since the heavy ground currents are from AC to DC converters  that rectify  the mains waveform."

The "mains hum" is the effect between a constant magnetic field (i.e. the earth magnetic field or a permanent magnet in a speaker) and alternating magnetic field produced by the electric current in a wire.  That indeed would be 60 Hz in the US.

But, we're getting far off the original topic.  Sorry about that.

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

Re: Floor Mats - Cab
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 149469
Tom, Can you share where bought WeatherTech mats from and the model #? Also, did you buy just for the cab or did you have to by backseat one to?  Which known of us need.
Tim

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 149472
You can buy whatever WeatherTech mats you need here .
http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2003/econoline-e-series/floor-mats-all-weather/ Just plug in the right year and model.

There are other, well designed mats besides WeatherTech.
I have used a set of Husky Liners for twelve years and they show little wear.
The Husky Liner's main advantage is the high sides that collect water and dirt, good for our winter camping trips.
Here are photos showing them at eight years old. The passenger side floor has been raised 2" so my wife's feet touch, a common modification.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157625135070156/show

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 149484
I have used a set of Husky Liners for twelve years and they show little wear.
The Husky Liner's main advantage is the high sides that collect water and dirt, good for our winter camping trips.
--- I've had Husky Liners since the rig was delivered, 11 years ago today! As Larry said, the "lips" contain the mud, dirt, water, dog hair, leaves, sand, and general tracked-in trash that finds its way onto the floor of the cab. Pull the mats out and hose them off; with even minimal care, they will probably outlast your rig.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home