Skip to main content
Topic: Yahoo Photo Question (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Yahoo Photo Question
Yahoo Message Number: 148740
Is there a way to access a bona fide list of photo albums? There used to be. If one clicks on the "list" icon (4 small squares), one gets more photos beyond which I assume are the rest of the photos in that album. And under the drop down box "Actions", clicking on viewing preferences, "list" seems to show almost the same thing as "justified" and "grid". Also, I read that there should be a "show thumbnails" button. I don't see that. Help!

PS: I am signed in.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Yahoo Photo Question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148752
I have been looking to see if someone has found a way to find a list of files.  I have tried on this forum and others and have not been able to find a list.  I think it went away when the NEO changes came.  Hopefully it is something I am missing, and someone else has broke the code.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 148754
I don't see any problem accessing the files area.  I even used the link on your message. Of course you must be signed in to Yahoo or you won't be able to.

Dick

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 148756
Richard, it's not that I can't access the "files area". That's easy enough. I can't get to a list of albums like there used to be. An alphabetical (or by date posted) list of the titles of each album, not a photo with a name on the bottom of it.

Andy, do you have any thoughts here?

Chris

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 148757
When I click on Photos, then Albums, I see under Actions, a choice to sort by either Date or Alphabetical. Is that what you are talking about?

Dick

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 148758
I'm pretty sure that what Chris is asking for is a list (i.e., text) rather than the current gallery of photo thumbnails. Yes, one can change the sorting order of the thumbnails from alphabetical to most recent. But I've looked in vain for a way to change from thumbnails to text. It used to be possible, but I guess they decided we didn't need it.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Andy's "Gallery of Paintings"
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 148761
PS: Be sure to click on the link below to Andy's travel site and take a look at the remarkable digital watercolor-like photos he has created. This might get you there: A gallery of paintings

Chris

Re: Andy's "Gallery of Paintings"
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 148764
Andy you are amazing! These "water colors" make me want to go back and redo the current trip! Thanks for always sharing.
Betty Jean and Clover Circus Wagon

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 148767
Very nice work Andy!  Many of them have a sort of impressionistic look to them.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 148777
Andy, Bernie and I are impressed!!!
 We knew you were a fine photographer, but this collection of images blew us both away. As a watercolor painter, Bernie says you may put people like him out of business. :-)
 This is a very nice collection of work. You need to find a first-rate printmaker... and then a gallery to represent you!

Martha in Santa Fe

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 148781
Very very nice! Art and Sandy On Oct 1, 2014 7:49 PM, "Martha Marks  [lifewithalazydazerv]" lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 148784
Martha, you (and others who've commented) make me blush. Truth is, I hesitated to post that page at all, because even though I started with my own photos and can take credit for that much, the Waterlogue iPad app did at least 80% of the work in converting them to watercolor-like images. Yes, I did a fair amount of tweaking and optimizing afterward, but that is some very smart software!

The only thing that finally convinced me to put the pictures on my website was that, doggone it, I just love the way these images turned out. Whether or not I'm an artist, whether or not using software to help with the visual transformation from photo to painting is "cheating," I can't help liking the results.

I've experimented with a lot of different software filters over the years. You've never seen the results on my website, because I didn't think they were worth showing off. But these pictures just make me smile.

I'll be adding a few more once I get  to someplace with a better internet connection. Right now I'm boondocking on Colorado's Grand Mesa at 10,000+ feet, and my most powerful Wilson cell amp and directional antenna on a pole are barely able to pull in a signal. Meanwhile, many thinks for the kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 148786
Very nice work Andy!!  You should do prints and sell them during your travels.
I use a free program called Fotosketcher, it's for PC's, not sure if a Apple version is available.
It has many filters for various type of painting & drawing.  www.fotosketcher.com

Neal

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 148787
Andy,

"Whether or not I'm an artist, whether or not using software to help with the visual transformation from photo to painting is "cheating," I can't help liking the results."

Have you seen Teller's documentary Tim's Vermeer?  The thesis is that he may have used a little engineering help, too.  He's still an artist in my book.  I think you are, too!  I loved your images and, believe me, I couldn't do that by "tweaking" a little software.   First of all your photos, the best of the best, are art.  I would buy a print of one of those!  And your finished watercolor-like images are simply amazing.  That took an artist's eye.  Thanks for sharing them.

Betty 2011 MB
Betty/Ron

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 148788
I agree with you Andy.   I've been a photographer from the early 70's.  Over the years I have heard, and still by the way, all sort of what I call 'process arguments'.  Frankly the only thing that counts is  the final result.   IMHO only art historians care.
I love art in whatever form it comes.

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 148794
Andy -
 Lovely work. I too am a reasonably accomplished photographer and I'll have to look into that watercolor software.
 That teardrop trailer at Bisbee's is, I believe, a Serro Scotty.  It was our first trailer. They were built in a small factory alongside the Pennsylvania turnpike west of Harrisburg.  We bought it slightly used for $400 in October 1964 in Washington DC and I, my wife and our two small boys headed off in all our ignorance about RVing and trailering for the Florida Keys for a Christmas-New Year's vacation.  We towed it behind a BIG 440 cube Chrysler station wagon.  My sons still remember fondly the wonders of camping on the beach in Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys every Xmas for the next 5 or 6 years. (We added pup tents for the kids.)

Bob Siegel Santa Fe New Mexico

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 148801
If the vintage trailer at Bisbee's is not a Serro Scotty, it's an original small Shasta.  Serro's were unpainted aluminum but I believe Serro later offered a white painted version.