Skip to main content
Topic: On toward ABQ Balloon Thing (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
On toward ABQ Balloon Thing
Yahoo Message Number: 148711
So I leave Portland just ahead on one strong weather system coming in from Alaska - got caught in Bend, Or ..... Managed to outrun it knowing it would catch me in Crystal Crane Hot Springs.  Spent the first night soaking and enjoying the hot springs but second night not so lucky, yup weather system dumped on us.   Packed up this morning heading toward Winnemucca, NV.  Good driving on a very lonely highway....  Once in Nevada speed limits jumped from 55 to 70.
 So tonight I had a plan to head toward Ely, NV.   Yup I'm lucky a very nice strong weather system is blowing across Northern California heading straight were I planned to spend a few nights.
 The plan now unless weather changes its mind is to hole up in Wells, NV for two days to let the system pass.   If I go slow enough I will not chance up with it again.  Now I'm wondering 'is there any thing to do in Wells except count cars and trucks on the freeway.......

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Re: On toward ABQ Balloon Thing
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148712
Skip Wells and go to Ely and visit the train depot and museum. If you are a real enthusiast, you will jump at the chance to drive one of the trains (a few hundred dollars according to my friend, and more if it's coal and steam instead of diesel and electric). We didn't drive one, but what a great tour!

Eric Greenwell
 Tf Hafford  [lifewithalazydazerv] wrote, On 9/26/2014 6:57 PM:
2005 Jayco 24SS