Skip to main content
Topic: Wall switch (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Wall switch
Yahoo Message Number: 148679
Greetings all, like a lot of the messages I have a problem that I am sure one of you or more has the solution to.  We have a 24.5 front lounge LD, on the right side exiting through the main door is a double switch.  One side controls an inside hall light and the other controls the porch light.  I have no power to the porch light and I am reasonably sure the fuses are all good, so that leaves the switch as the likely culprit.  How do you get it off the wall?  Behind it is the shower wall so that's a no go, but there must be a way take it off from the front.  Give me some good ideas, thanks in advance.   Harvey

Re: Wall switch
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148680
"  How do you get it off the wall?  Behind it is the shower wall so that's a no go, but there must be a way take it off from the front.  Give me some good ideas, thanks in advance."

Harvey

Our 2003 23.5' FL dual switch consist of two rocker switches mounted in a plastic bezel.
The bezel is attached to the wall with two screws.
All the wiring and the rear of the switches is accessible once the bezel is unscrewed and pulled out from the wall (assuming LD left enough wire to allow removal LOL).
Obviously, LD must have used a different switch in your rig, the mounting screws are very visible in ours. It has to come off some way, as there is no access from the rear. I doubt it is very complicated.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 148681
Possibly a snap off cover with mounting screws hidden inside?  See if a pocket knife in the seam can pop off the cover.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 148682
"I am reasonably sure the fuses are all good"

Harvey, "reasonably sure" sounds as if you may not have actually tested the fuses... and if you haven't tested them, then you can't be sure of anything.

A blown fuse is much more likely than a bad switch, so I'd suggest testing all relevant fuses as your first troubleshooting step.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

LD Sighting
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 148684
I am camping with Steve (ljester) in June Lake and while in the town of June Lake we saw a silver LD, anyone here fit that description? Not much going on as it is very windy here today, spending my time organizing the cabinets. Finding lots of stuff that never gets used, time to lessen the weight.

Jerry in June Lake, CA
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Re: LD Sighting
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 148686
Jerry, What are the weather and wind and smoke condition forecasts?   We are currently in Davis, CA and leaving tomorrow for Albuquerque, NM. with a stop in Laughlin, NV.
Instead of driving 99 we are thinking about taking 120 and  395. How long are you staying in June Lake? Mary and Aad Rommelse.
2001 MB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 148687
"Perhaps the light bulb needs removing and either changing or a bit of di-lectric applied to base?"

Good point, Norma! That's even more likely than a blown fuse.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 148688
Is the interior courtesy light, the one at floor level, near the entry door, lighting up when the porch light switch is turned on? It's powered by the same switch.
If the bulbs are bad, it is a good time to upgrade to LEDs.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 148689
Mary and Aad Rommelse, the weather is getting cooler for the next few days, highs in the 50s, possible wetness or even snow!

Steve and I will be leaving Monday. We are at 'Oh Ridge' campground, Duck loop, #s 28 & 29. Will you be stopping by?

Jerry in June Lake
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 148694
Jerry,  We are not certain yet if we stop at June Lake. A lot depends if Mary finds a likable slot machine in Tahoe.                  If you happen to spot a blue/white MB with a scooter on the back, honk at us.  Aad
2001 MB