Skip to main content
Topic: Tires for 2010 25' RB (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Tires for 2010 25' RB
Yahoo Message Number: 148547
I purchased my 2010 25' Rear Bath/Front Dinette Lazy Daze off the showroom floor in March of 2011. It is the silver/charcoal vehicle on the Lazy Daze website. The chassis has a mfg. date of Oct. 2009.  I barely have 6,000 miles on the vehicle and my outside rear tires, Michelin LT225/75R 16, are severely cracked and need to be replaced immediately!  OEM Michelin's never held air very well and I will not replace them with Michelin's. Any Suggestions?  Thanks!

~ Sally Puckett LD# 3008 2010 25' RB FD

Re: Tires for 2010 25' RB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148548
I bought Cooper Discoverer HT, load range E, from America's Tire for my 22' TK.  They ride much better than the Michelins that were on there and I paid around $850 for 6 out-the-door.

They are great tires, made in USA and won't age out any faster than any  other tire.  I think they have a 50,000 mile warranty.

----

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 148555
Sally

The majority of us here run Michelin and get a full life out of them. Our three year old Michelins only need air twice a year (using a TPMS), at most, and is pretty typical.
You might want to contact a Michelin dealer to see what the say about the cracking. Past a certain depth, cracking become a warranty item.
Cracking can be caused by many things. Seeing cracking on just the rear tires can be a sign of long-term underinflation. Cracking, from age, usually happens to all six tires at the same rate.
Your tires are already five years old, any of Michelin's warranty runs outs soon.

Keep the new tires covered and protected from the sun for the longest possible life.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 148558
Perhaps the tires are not the same age as the LD? Try checking the DOT date on the tire side wall.  Might be interesting...   Cheers, Alexandra

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 148562
I agree that the tire date codes should be checked, but it's most likely that the tires are the same "age" as the chassis since they're OEM from Ford. LTX M+S 225/75R/16 E tires dated 2009 are not under the recent Michelin recall, and since the tires are 5 years old, it's unlikely that there would be much chance of a dealer pro-rating the cost of new tires.

There's no way for a dealer (or any of us except the owner) to know the conditions under which the tires were driven or stored, e.g., if they were consistently inflated appropriately for their load and if they were covered and protected from the effects of sun damage. when sitting.
 If Michelins aren't wanted, look up the usage (LT), appropriate size (225/75R/16), and load rating (E) on other manufacturers' websites. I prefer an "all-season, M+S" tread pattern, but others may not. Product lines and tire specs change frequently, but one might look at Toyo, Kumho, B.F. Goodrich, Goodyear....

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 148568
Michelin has a tire recall that was issued in December 1013.  We have a 2011 LD and had a blowout in Jan. 2014.  Found out about the recall and had all 7 tires replaced and was reimbursed for the tire bought on the road.  No questions asked.  Our friends from Washington checked their tires while in AZ and all of there tires replaced in Tucson.

Good luck!

Penny

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 148570
" I barely have 6,000 miles on the vehicle and my outside rear tires, Michelin LT225/75R 16, are severely cracked and need to be replaced immediately!  OEM Michelin's never held air very well and I will not replace them with Michelin's."

I suspect something is wrong here. Regarding the tires loosing air do you have the braided steel air lines connected to valve stems or brass valve extenders? I had problems loosing air twice before I replaced the braided air lines with the brass Borg extenders. I rarely add air, maybe 2 or 3 times a year and then a couple pounds if that.

My Michelins are same model as yours, 3.5 years old with 18K miles, show very little signs of wear and no cracking. My LD is right at the max. GVWR and I drive frequently in the mountains towing a Jeep. No issues so far. I know several other LD owners that have no problems with the Michelins, only OEM Firestones like my LD was equipped from the factory.

Bob 01 23.5 TK with toys Pahrump, NV. for a few...

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 148572
We had Michelin tires on our Sportsmobile campervan that fell in this recall.  We had purchased them in May of 2010, and they were all replaced in June of this year (2014).

Maybe this site could help you determine if your tires fall in this recall:

http://www.michelinman.com/voluntary-safety-recall.page>

Virtual hugs,

Judie http://dorrieanne.wordpress.com