Skip to main content
Topic: Out of state delivery (Read 31 times) previous topic - next topic
Out of state delivery
Yahoo Message Number: 148462
For those who have taken delivery in either Las Vegas or AZ. how does the delivery driver get back to Montclair? They can't tow a vehicle since Ford advises against towing for the first 700 miles. Thanks John
John in Bend, OR

Re: Out of state delivery
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148463
John, Our driver had a "chase" car that was at the drop off site.  It all went really well. We went to Las Vegas. Not sure about Arizona etc.

Jay and Patsy Guddat in Pilgrim

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 148465
We had the driver (and his young daughter) take us to Las Vegas.  They were staying for the night and have no idea how they got back.  I guess they have to figure that out.
2011 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 148467
(Smile) not our problem..... Joking aside my driver had a friend follow him.   The notary will met you and the driver at the place you choose to take delivery.   In our case we picked a Trader Joes in LV.  The idea was to get food and other supplies.    After the paperwork is taken care of the RV is yours.
By the way under California rules you can not return for any reason except to go to the factory for one year.
Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 148470
I would think this would be very difficult to enforce, even in the unlikely event that the state of California did actually wish to cut itself off from tourist dollars.  It would seem more likely that this applies to folks who are California residents, or who spend more time in California than any where else.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/reg_hdbk_pdf/ch12_nonresident_vehicles.pdf>

Virtual hugs,

Judie http://dorrieanne.wordpress.com

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 148472
Our driver had arranged transport back.  I believe the return trip cost is part of the fee you pay.

Our delivery in AZ went smoothly in Feb of '07.

Bob. SE 5
Kathy and Bob on the Go

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 148473
We also will be facing this scenario in May. Curious how much it cost for the driver to take you to LV.

T&K
Sometime around a few weeks you will get a letter confirming delivery information -- dates, costs, VIN number, and other details.
We shipped a few boxes of items to the factory ahead of time.   We flew in the night before.  Stayed at a local hotel.   Todd came to pick us up the delivery day.
As to cost .... One cashiers check for total price of LD, one personal check for stuff we brought on site, $395.00 for ICC driver to Las Vegas, and $45.00 for notary in Las Vegas.  The notary will met you anyplace and any time you pick. The driver takes care of finding the notary.   Oh I almost forgot .... Gas.  Bring cash it will be around $200 to fill the tank.   What we did is put about $100 in SoCal then filled up again in Las Vegas.  Gas is cheaper in Navada.
The whole process was very professional and frankly fun.  Our driver was a great guy. If remember right it was a three to four hour drive.

Glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 148480
The Notary we met in LV, took the driver to LV airport and dropped him off. He flew back.

-Dave '06 MB, Indianapolis