Skip to main content
Topic: Honda CRV Toad - remove rear seat (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Honda CRV Toad - remove rear seat
Yahoo Message Number: 148365
Has anyone who uses the CRV as a toad removed the rear seat to increase cargo capacity? I'm thinking of removing the rear seat and rigging the vehicle with some type of a mount for my new e-bike which I do not want to hang on the outside of the vehicle. It lays flat with the seat folded down but that limits what I can stow next to it. The bike weights about 65 lb and I'm thinking that would offset the weight of the seat if I remove it.
Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)

Re: Honda CRV Toad - remove rear seat
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 148417
Haven't considered pulling the seat for more storage.   I find I can load it to 4,000# with current configuration.  Bike is on the roof currently.  When we get home I will be putting a trailer hitch on to carry it back there.

We occasionally need to populate the back seats so didn't consider removal.

joel

From:  "tjfogelberg@... [lifewithalazydazerv]" To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, September 1, 2014 12:08 PM Subject: [LD] Honda CRV Toad - remove rear seat
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Re: Honda CRV Toad - remove rear seat
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 148649
I have completed the removal of the larger of the 2 rear seats. There were 4 bolts that held it in place - easy process to remove after finding a you tube video showing how to do it.
 We left the smaller seat in place allowing for use for a 3rd passenger, but still opening up a huge amount of additional cargo space.
 The bike now fits very easily in the space in the upright position (with front wheel removed). I will use bungee cords to stabilize it - there are 2 cargo hooks on the floor in the rear.

By removing the seat, we removed about 60 lbs of dead weight.
Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)