Skip to main content
Topic: Filling the water tank (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
Filling the water tank
Yahoo Message Number: 148179
Here are 2 units that I use to fill the water tank. To me they are a must  and stay in the MH at all times. Most of my camping is dry. Both of the unit  have a rubber cork/stopper. I drill a 3/4 hole so it will slide over the copper  tubing. You can get the stopper at Ace Hardware. Or just wrap black tape around  the tubing to fit the opening. Then force into the fill tube.
 A: To fill the tank from a garden hose. The hose can be turned on full and  there is no back splash. I can walk away and know the hose will not come  out B: Fill the tank with a jug.  Once in a while for a long trip I take an  extra 5 gallon jug. A funnel to add water. Much faster than a funnel that you  may buy and push into the fill hole. It is full 3/4" size so I can dump the  water much faster and it stays in place. No moving around.

C: Pic with black hose. Used to blow the water lines out for winter. For  when we get an early freeze. If I'm going to use the MH before the final time to  put the MH away for the winter I just blow the water lines out. To store the MH  for the winter I also install antifreeze to the lines. It is screwed onto the  city water inlet and then connect the air compress to blow the lines out. I have  a boiler drain in the Hot water tank. Open the drain and this will also blow the  WT out.

George

Retired Plumber

2005 LD Motor Home