Skip to main content
Topic: Thank you (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Thank you
Yahoo Message Number: 147755
I just wanted to say Thank You to whoever put the tire information page in the files.  I bought a set of valve extenders for our new rig, and I plan to have them installed sometime in the next few weeks.  But as I was thinking about it I realized that I had no idea how high the tires need to be inflated.

I did a search and found the page in the files.  I still don't know the exact number I need, but now I know how to get there!

Again, thanks.

Syndi
2014 TK
The Super Flea

Re: Thank you
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 147756
I  just wanted to say Thank You to whoever put the tire information page  in the files.  I bought a set of valve extenders for our new rig, and I  plan to have them installed sometime in the next few weeks.  But as I  was thinking about it I realized that I had no idea how high the tires  need to be inflated.

I did a search and found the page in the files.  I still don't know the exact number I need, but now I know how to get there!

Again, thanks.

Syndi

The correct way to figure the tire pressure per axle is to weight the front and back axle. Consult the tables that show the tire pressure needed for that axle to support that amount of weight.  If the tire is over inflated the tires will show more wear in the center and if under inflated they will show more wear on the outer edges. Just before I went to Alaska I had the MH weighted as loaded for the trip and came up with the pressure needed for both axles. That was 65 in the rear and 60 in the front. Inflated the tires to 80 on both axles. I put 10,500 miles on the NEW tires during this trip. When I got back I had the tires rotated and checked and they found no extra ware on any of the tires for tire wear on inside because they were over inflated.
 Now to the point of the store If there was a small amount of ware on the tires would it make any difference other than the MH may have rode a little harder on bad roads.  VERY VERY few will ever ware the tires out in the 6 to 7 years which is the life of the tires. The added pressure in the tires will increase the mileage. So which is the better way to go. Lose mileage or save the tire wear only to replace the tire before they are down to 3/32. The old tires on the MH  before I replaced the tires still had 10 to 15 thousand miles before they need to be replaced by ware but the were 7 years old and needed to be replaced by age.

You be the JUDGE.

George Retired plumber