Skip to main content
Topic: Completion Date of Chassis versus Delivery Date of Lazy Daze. (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
Completion Date of Chassis versus Delivery Date of Lazy Daze.
Yahoo Message Number: 147595
This subject may have been discussed in the past. However, for recent and/or future buyers of a Lazy Daze it may be a good refreshing of mind.
 When we took delivery of our Lazy Daze from the factory in 2001we assumed that by signing Ford's "Notification of delayed delivery date" the warranty of our chassis also started on that date. This assumption is not always correct.
In our case this notification never found its way through the Ford records.
Although this is no longer an issue for us it did create some problems when our first transmission failed.

Suggestion: Verify dates with Ford Motor Co records.

Aad Rommelse
2001 MB

Re: Completion Date of Chassis versus Delivery Date of Lazy Daze.
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 147596
"

Verify dates with Ford Motor Co records."

---

Any warranty applying to my 2003 is long gone, but the Ford chassis manufacture date (month, year) and the delivery date from LD (month, year)  are on a sticker on the driver's side door jamb, at least, they are on my 23.5'. I think this information is on all LDs...???

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 147598
Joan,

From previous discussions in either the Good Sam and/or Family Motor Coach magazines I have been under the understanding that there was an agreement between the chassis builders and the coach builders that the warranty of the chassis starts upon delivery of the completed coach to the customer. Was this not the reason for signing Ford's Notification of delayed delivery?

Please correct me if I am wrong?

Aad
2001 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 147599
I don't recall signing a notice of "delayed delivery" when I picked up my 2003, and since I never had a chassis warranty claim (36000 miles or 3 years at that time; don't know the current warranty terms), it wasn't an issue. It might be worth calling the factory for the answer to this. Or, maybe the Ford Motorhome Customer Service line? 1-800-444-3311 (I think; going from memory, which can be a bit dicey!)

My post was just an FYI that the dates of chassis and coach manufactures were on the door jamb sticker because the "Where do I find out when my rig's chassis was produced?" question comes up periodically.

If you do find the answer, please post!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 147601
Joan,

The purpose of my post was to bring this matter to the attention of others who are within their warranty periods or in the process of taking delivery. With more than 75,000 miles on the odometer it definitely does not apply to our Lazy Daze any longer. Procedures could have changed in the meantime too.
 Like our experience with a frozen and twisted parking brake on the transmission output shaft, requiring a completely rebuilt transmission,n etc. I like to pass my experiences on for the benefit of others. Hopefully, by the weekend I drive the 600 miles north again, in my rental car, to pick up our Lazy Daze in Northern Oregon.
 Even at my age I am still learning and experimenting, but above all, "Enjoying Life".

Aad
2001 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 147616
In November 2014 I took delivery of an SOB on a Ford E-450.  I signed the Notice of Delayed Delivery that indicated the date on which the chassis ownership was transferred to me.  It also indicated the odometer reading (80 miles).  I was told that my standard chassis warranty was good for three  years from the date I signed the document or 36080 miles.  As I recall I received something in the mail or an email from Ford that confirmed same.

Doug

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 147646
Aad, thanks for the heads up on this matter.  Got the call that our LD is ready and will be picking it up next week (Whoo Hoo!) Will post what we experience with the procedure.

Diana and Mark Furtak

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 147694
Hi Mark and Diana,

Congrats with your new Lazy Daze. Despite the troubles with our burned and frozen parking brake etc. we still enjoy our Lazy Daze very much.
 I noticed the various conversations on items to buy from the store. We did make one mistake. Initially we bought a queen-sized bedroll with the sheets attached with vel-cro. For us this was a mistake. Later on we bought a king-sized one, also through the factory, and we love this. I just like to pass this on to you.
 Do you have any travel plans already with your new Lazy Daze? Although we live in the San Francisco Bay Area, we plan to attend the balloon fest in Albuquerque, New Mexico, early October.

Happy traveling.

Mary and Aad Rommelse
Fremont, CA
2001 MB

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 147702
Hi Mary and Aad,

Thank you!  I'm pretty handy in the sewing department ( you don't want to know how many sewing machines I have ), so I'll most likely make our bedrolls.  But it's good to know LD makes a nice one.

We don't have any firm plans at this time.  Mark will retire later this year so we'll be free to go when and where we wish.  Alaska is on our radar.   Hope to meet both of you one day at a gtg!

Diana

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 148018
Hi Aad,  sorry to be late reporting on the delayed delivery date. Our paperwork has the warranty start date as the date we took delivery, plus the mileage at delivery.  Reason for delay of warranty start date states - completion of vehicle.  Btw, we LOVE our new LD. :)