Skip to main content
Topic: Replacement water pump (Read 19 times) previous topic - next topic
Replacement water pump
Yahoo Message Number: 147166
Some time back, I read comments on replacement water pumps and the model "Revolution".  I can not locate those comments just now and, I would like to purchase a backup pump before departing on a 5-6 week trip.
I would appreciate feedback on the best replacement water pump for the Surflo that came in our 04 LD MB.
The pump seems noisy and flow is not always consistent.  I understand that these pumps have had to be replaced by a number of LD owners.  The specs on several of the pumps I have seen at Camping World and online, show a lower flow rate than the one in the LD.  I am concerned that I don't end up with insufficient flow.
Thanks in advance for responses.

JI, NC 04 MB

Re: Replacement water pump
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 147167
"Some time back, I read  comments on replacement water pumps and the model "Revolution".  I can  not locate those comments just now"

JI
 You are looking for a Shurflo Revoluation 4008. It is the most common replacement today and should have  adequate flow for your 04 MB.
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-101-E65-Revolution-Water-Pump/dp/B002XM5G70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404142293&sr=8-1&keywords=shurflo+4008 Be aware that when you change to a different model of pump, many times it requires reconfiguring the pump mount and water line connections, sometime requiring longer water lines. Not a fun job in a MB, but doable.
For the absolute easiest replacement, use the same model of pump.

Larry
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 147169
"...a Shurflo Revoluation 4008. It is the most common replacement today."

--- Just a FYI: Shurflo apparently is no longer manufacturing the Whisper King 2.0 gpm pump. (The extra Whisper KIng that I carried came in very handy recently when the old one finally died after 11 years.) The pump is not fast, and it's not particularly quiet, but it was/is very reliable. And, no modifications of fittings are necessary when replacing like with like.

The Whisper King is available from only a few vendors now, one of which is Pacific RV Parts; I suggest that anyone wanting to get a Whisper King do it very soon before the existing stock is sold out from the few vendors!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 147171
I replaced my 13 yr. old Whisper King pump with the Revolution 4008. The Whisper King was still going strong but I wanted more water flow and pressure for the shower. I got that but the Revolution is louder. I carry a spare Revolution in case it fails. Cheap insurance for $75.

Bob

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 147181
Thanks Larry, Joan, and Bob for your input on the water pump.  Now that I have the model designation confirmed and, I also know where to purchasse an identical replacement, I just have to decide which to go with and get it ordered and delivered before leaving on our trip.

Jim