Skip to main content
Topic: Toilet Water Leak (Read 22 times) previous topic - next topic
Toilet Water Leak
Yahoo Message Number: 147128
For sometime I have been faced with a small water leak in my 1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 foot Rear Bath).The problem is with the SeaLand Traveler toilet, Model 510.The water leak comes from the joint between the bottom of the china toilet bowl and the top of the plastic pedestal base. I have replaced the two piece seal assembly (Teflon and rubber discs), removed the calcium deposits on the bottom of the toilet bowl, checked for cracks in the top of the pedestal, cleaned the ball valve, and even reinstalled the whole assembly several times; all without success.
 When flushing the toiled and for a few minutes afterward, a very small stream of water comes out between the half clamps and tension ring assembly and trickles down the pedestal. The ball valve seems to properly hold the small about of water left in the bowl after normal flushing.
 I am open to any and all suggestions on possible solutions to this situation. I am getting very good at taking the whole toilet apart and putting it back together without making too much of a mess in the back of our rig.

Joe G.(djaugh2641).

Re: Toilet Water Leak
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 147129
The only thing I can think of, is how tight are you getting the band clamp?  The pressure of this clamp pulls the toilet against the base, and needs the be tight enough to start compressing the seal in between.

Art (currently at Great Sand Dunes NP)
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Re: Toilet Water Leak
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 147130
Maybe you have a hairline crack. I replaced a couple of seals before I figured out that mine was cracked.
2008 MB