Skip to main content
Topic: 27.5 mb (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
27.5 mb
Yahoo Message Number: 147003
Hi,  is there anyone in the group who has taken one of the couches out in the back and put two chairs in its place?  Do you have enough room with the one couch for two to sleep? Hoping to come to the NE GTG with my wife to finally see the LD. I seem to have trouble opening up files so if yes on the chairs could you send me pics by email. Thanks, true lily enjoy this forum.     Bev and Tim

Re: 27.5 mb
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 147006
Let me familiarize you with the MB lounge layout.
 The curb-side couch is the larger of the two.  Pulled out it becomes a comfortable double bed accommodating DW & self.  On the MB, the spare tire is stowed under this couch, so IMHO removal of this one is out.
 Removing the street-side couch would leave you with the carpet stopping at the edge of the existing couch's front and continuing with linoleum (which lines the floor of the storage compartment), an unfinished section of wall and the backside of the compartment door.  Not to mention the loss of a good storage space.
 Just to give you an idea, I have the following items under the street-side couch:

1 24x36 in. folding table; 2 full size folding chairs with headrest; 2 sand chairs for beach; 1 2-step stool convenient for cleaning the windshield and using the  California Duster; 1 patio mat & stakes for same; Awning crank handle & center rafter.

But, that's just me and YMMV.
 As I said before in a prior email, if you can't wait 'til Sept., you can PM me at hollycat07438 at Yahoo dot com.  We're not that far into Jersey, time wise, and would be happy to show you around "Empyrean".

Bob & Judy Kruppa 2003 MB-Empyrean NE-70
Bob & Judy Kruppa
2003 MB - Empyrean
NE 70

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 147007
I assume you know that Lazy Daze offers a version of the midbath that has a couch/bed on the curb side and two chairs and a fold-down table on the street side. If you're ordering new, you can get that version. If buying used... well, you might get lucky and find one built that way, but it's far less common than the two-couch version.

It is certainly possible to remove the streetside couch. I and others have done it--in my case, in order to install a desk:
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: 27.5 midbath couch removal
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 147008
Sorry--that last message somehow got posted before I had finished typing it.

I mean to say that you'll find a description and photos of removing the streetside couch on my website's "Upgrade Frenzy" page.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 147011
Bev and Tim, I just type in a response, which Yahoo did *something* with; I don't know if it posted or not. So, I'll start again.
We also like having "chairs" is the back, so I removed the driver's side upper couch parts, leaving the storage area intact, and installed 2 office type chairs. The change is completely reversible. You can find picture is the photo section under the Lucys mods Aug 2013 album. I'll try posting a direct link, but this is where Yahoo changed the link to who knows what, and I have yet to discover if it posted or not.
Ken

Link is: Yahoo Groups

If that isn't a direct link to the album, someone please let me know (and a way to make a direct link, if possible).
Thanks.
Former 2009 MB owner