Skip to main content
Topic: Adding TPMS monitoring to LD (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic
Adding TPMS monitoring to LD
Yahoo Message Number: 146782
I added a TST TPMS to the LD 6? weeks ago. They got there first test over the  May Holiday. 225 miles
 each way for 450 total miles. I like to run 80#  in the rear and 70# in the front. But there was a
 problem with the  sensors and my 5 tire pressure gages. The TST system said my testers were 4# to  5#
 high. So I went with 75 in the rear and 65 in the front. The 65 and  75 is still about 10+ high for the
 weight I have on the MH but in 11,000  miles the tires show no problem in wear. And as we all know the
 more air  the better the mileage for fuel. If the tires do not give the miles that  Michelin clams why
 care. I will never get 60,000 miles before the 6  years. More like 35,000 at most. So who do we think

we are fooling.
Besides the first owner had 50,000 miles on the tires and there were still  10,000 miles left at the
 least. And he carried 80 and 70#. The only  reason that I replaced the tires was I was going on a 10,000 mile trip

to Alaska.
 Things I learned since the first trip. The suns heat  will make a big difference when you inflate the
 tires the first time. If  the sun in on the right side you will have more air in those tires than the
 left. The Suns rays will raise the pressure as you work. I would not  have cough this except for the amount of time it took to fill the tires and
 checking the pressure several times. I inflated the tires off the MH so  that I could set the sensor ID

to the location.
 The TST system  said to set the high pressure for 20% over the set tire pressure and the low at  10% below the set pressure.. So I had the 75 set
 at 90# and the 65# at  78#. The first part of the trip, 90 miles, are on I-25 so my speed after getting
 out of Denver was 65 MPH. Shortly after being at the higher speeds 3 of  the sensors sounded the alarm
 that  the pressure was to high. I turned  the alarm off and keep on going. The pressure was to high not
 to low.  You would not think that the tires would pick up 15# from driving. The tire  tempiture was ok. On the return trip I also
 had 3 tires sound the high  alarm. I have now added 3 # to all the tires for the high sensor warning.

This should stop the warning for high air pressure.