Skip to main content
Topic: It's Amazing How Much Excitement A 13 Yr. Old LD Attracts (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
It's Amazing How Much Excitement A 13 Yr. Old LD Attracts
Yahoo Message Number: 146491
I was pulling into the local Food World for some supplies and was approached by a couple that liked my LD and wanted to know all about it. There is nothing unique or special about my LD but these people wanted to know all about it. I lent them the owners manual and they promised to return it to the park I am in several miles away. Wonder if I can get a commission if they buy one LOL.
They are the 3rd people to tell me it looks "Art Deco" and that's why they thought it was special.

Bob

Re: It's Amazing How Much Excitement A 13 Yr. Old LD Attracts
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 146495
"...was approached by a couple that liked my LD and wanted to know all about it."

--- I'm pretty sure that my experience is not unique; classic LDs can be appealing! I've had quite a few offers to buy my TK from 'random' people who happen to see it wherever I happen to be traveling, camping, having it serviced, or when I'm working on it in my driveway!  It's well-maintained and looks quite presentable for an almost 11-year-old motorhome with 83k. Once in a while, I do think about taking someone up on their offer, but then I think about the hassles of ordering a new one, waiting for delivery, then installing all the aftermarket improvements and add-ons that this one already has.

I expect my TK to remain roadworthy for as long as I am likewise! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: It's Amazing How Much Excitement A 13 Yr. Old LD Attracts
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 146497
Joan, Something else to consider is the new one's are not built with the same quality I am told by the experts. Like fine wine the older models just get better with age if cared for.
 Your right about the upgrades. I have spent a pile of money getting all the upgrades done to mine, and I'm not done yet! Keep dreaming of more stuff to do, and fortunately thru this forum I have found an Engineer capable of doing any upgrade practical.
 Since I fulltime it's my home, so I don't mind putting money into it as long as I reap the benefits.

Bob