Skip to main content
Topic: MD Bathroom Door Replacement (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
MD Bathroom Door Replacement
Yahoo Message Number: 157622
Dean Ansley said, " ..."

Imagine my surprise when I used the conversation search feature for help with a broke bathroom latch and this information "popped up!"   Exactly what we needed and I doubt that if I had a month of Sundays that I would have ever found J R Products and the exact part (20505).  I'm calling tomorrow!  And Dean, if you're hanging around, thank you for this information.

Ed & Margee
Fort Worth

Re: MD Bathroom Door Replacement
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 157628
I called J R Products earlier this year about the bathroom door latch.  I learned they sell wholesale only.  They will, however, provide you the name of the retailer nearest you who carries the part.  They did not offer me a free replacement for the broken latch.  The LD factory, of course, also sells the latch.  We seem to need a new latch about once a year.  J R Products referred me to Evergreen RV Supply in Seattle and I bought two of the latches from them.  As I recall, Evergreen used the same part number as J R.
Paul H.
2010 MB
Paul
2010 MB (2011-present)                                                                                        
1994 Multiplan (1997-2010)

Re: MD Bathroom Door Replacement
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 157630
Why keeping replacing the latch? Option 1) Replace it with a barrel style latch that commonly used on cabinets. LD used one on the door under the sink. (2007 MB) A cheap fix about $2.

2) I machined a piece of 1/8 thick aluminum plate to replace plastic keeper on the door frame. That was about 20,000 miles back. Cheaper still as I had the aluminum stock and a hacksaw.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: MB Bathroom Door Replacent
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 157689
I found an exact match to the OEM latch made by RV Designer Part #H531.  Lots of places report having it in stock to include Walmart and this place called RV Auto Parts for $8.49.

http://www.rvautoparts.com/RV-Designer-Latch-Privacy-Brown-H531_p_6481.html

Once we get back from tomorrow's short trip, I'd like to find a better made bathroom door latch that fits the existing holes.  I took the original latch apart to see why it wasn't working and it's not a very strong latch IMO.  If anyone has found an all metal or stronger plastic latch, I'd like to hear from you.

Ed & Margee
Fort Worth