Skip to main content
Topic: Question about 27' Mid Bath (Read 20 times) previous topic - next topic
Question about 27' Mid Bath
Yahoo Message Number: 146344
We don't currently own a motorhome but my wife and I are thinking about trading up from our travel trailer.  The Lazy Daze Motorhomes seem to get a lot of good comments on the web.

I have a question about the use of the two sofas in the back of the  27' Mid Bath floor plan.  Since this doesn't have a "permanent" bed, do people unfold these each night and make them into beds?  Once you're camped somewhere, do you leave them made up as beds?

I really like the roominess of the back part of the Mid Bath with the big windows but wondering about it's use as a bedroom?

Thanks, John

Sent from Surface Pro

Re: Question about 27' Mid Bath
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 146348
The bed-couches are just about endlessly adjustable.  Each is built as a sliding plywood surface that slides over the top of the box structure that is your outside storage.  They are trivial to move -- ours get shuffled several times each day.

John

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 146369
We have full timed in our 27 foot MB for eight years.  Love the back room with the view windows.  My wife makes the bed up in the evening, and I make it up in the morning.  It's a multipurpose room used for quite a few activities as we have placed a table in  the back which we take down and store behind the seats at night.  Since we have worked in Japan, I tend to think of it as a living room that converts to a bedroom in the evening by just unrolling a mat.  The couches are a lot more comfortable.  For us, we only use one couch which makes into a small double bed.  Cozy and comfortable for us!

David

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 146397
For us it kind of depends.  When it is just the wife and I, or just me,  most of the time we leave the bed in place.  If it is raining or friends are coming over we will put the sheets and covers away the area and return to the living room configuration.   A room with big windows and a 270 some odd degree view is really nice on a rainy day.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 146401
I make up the rear bed every morning.  At first I didn't but it's just so nice sitting in the back with all those windows and if you leave the bed made up with the blinds down the whole rig is dark and seems small. I have the LD sleeping bag although I replaced the Velcro with zippers so it's easy to make and unmake the bed.
2004 MB