Skip to main content
Topic: Was: NEW LISTING: LD For Sale Now: Brings back good memories (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Was: NEW LISTING: LD For Sale Now: Brings back good memories
Yahoo Message Number: 146326
Steve, about 12 years ago, you were one of the first LD Yahoo group folks that I had the privilege to meet. I had just retired from Virginia Mason in Seattle, and was striking out as a newbie full-timer in Mz Daisy (the Elder). I never really had a travel 'plan' and I didn't make reservations. My goal was to boon dock as much as possible and just follow my nose, which ever way it went, act brave but know I could holler for help from this group, which I did, probably a zillion times. Steve (aq433) was moderator back in those days.
 I wanted to meet the people I only knew by the notes they wrote. So as I traveled along, I invited anyone who was willing, to meet me for coffee. Share places to visit, things to see.
 Steve, you were one of the very first to take me up on the coffee offer. You brought an atlas and we met at a Starbucks, I think. I had my atlas. You shared your very best places to visit, including a secret one or two. I still have that Atlas with my "Steve Chandler" notes. What a fun time I had, meeting people I had only known in the 'virtual' world.
 So thanks for the memories, thanks for being a part of this wonderful family.
 Do you remember Bill Hass' picture of Mz Daisy in the Grass? What a talented and wonderful man. One of the dozens and dozens terrific men and women who love their Lazy Dazes, and contribute to the Virtual Commune we call the LD Yahoo Group.

I wonder where she is these days.

Happy trails, Sarah and Gizmo

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]