Skip to main content
Topic: Yahoo's in-group search seems to be broken (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Yahoo's in-group search seems to be broken
Yahoo Message Number: 146197
No, it isn't your imagination. As of a few days ago, when you type something into the "Search Conversations" box at the top of one of our website's pages and hit Enter, it searches ALL Yahoo groups instead of just this one. That makes it pretty much useless for most of our purposes.

Other Yahoo group moderators have reported this, and I assume Yahoo will fix it, but I don't know when.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: Yahoo's in-group search seems to be broken
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 146203
I noticed that today and was very annoyed also. But if you click on the first button after the search.. I think it is "search conversations", then it does search the Lazy Daze messages rather than all groups. The default for hitting enter must have changed.

Dave ... In MD but not for long 2000 mb

Re: Yahoo's in-group search seems to be broken
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 146205
"But if you click on the first button after the search... then it does search the Lazy Daze messages rather than all groups."

Dave, you've hit the nail on the head! The button to click is the purple one labeled "Search Groups". I wasn't clicking it, because I wanted to search this group, not all groups as the label implies. But you're right--it works! Thanks for pointing out the solution.

Andy Baird

Travels with Andy
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"