Skip to main content
Topic: mattress materials (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
mattress materials
Yahoo Message Number: 145954
When my expensive air mattress bed went flat..for the fifth time in two years...I called it quits. While it is STILL the most comfortable bed for me [air bed] it doesn't mix well with changing elevations that I encounter as I travel.
A water bed would work as well, but obviously that won't happen in my 30ft. close-to-the-max CC....smile!
 I've slept in memory foam beds, and I hated them..way too hot for me, too soft, left me feeling like I was sunken in a body shaped hole.
 So, hitting the net and doing research I came up with a Talayla latex top layer [3 inches] over a synthetic dense polyfoam bottom 6 inches.
I ordered it in the 'firmness' setting of 4, 3 being what most people order. It goes all the way up to 7. Not knowing what I'd like I went on the side of a little firmer.

I liked that the Talayla was a natural product. The other option is Dunlap, which is denser as a rule, and is the hardiest of the two processes. Mattress is covered with Bamboo fabric, and a 1 in. padded top. The price was reasonable compared to all the rest of the options I had. It wasn't made in a short Qn., but the company here in AZ made one up for me for $100 more. It looks like a regular deep mattress.

I've slept on this for about four months now..all in all, it is pretty good. It does tend to form a "cradle' if you sleep in one spot most of the time, but the loft recovers fairly quickly as you move around. It doesn't sleep 'hot'; it has been fairly good for joint and neck/back issues. I am thinking of getting a firmer "topper" as I think I'd like that a bit better.

It isn't as good for me as an air bed, but it sure beats a regular mattress or Memory foam for me.

Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "CHERRYOTTE" our litte red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

--- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."