Skip to main content
Topic: Sewer Hose Storage Compartment (Read 32 times) previous topic - next topic
Sewer Hose Storage Compartment
Yahoo Message Number: 145701
I know this is an exciting topic, I just picked up a 97 MB and was a little surprised on how small the hose locker is for  sewer drain hose.
I can only get about 8 feet of expanded hose in there when it is compressed.
Is 8 feet of hose going to be enough?

Tim.

Re: Sewer Hose Storage Compartment
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145702
-"I can only get about 8 feet of expanded hose in there when it is compressed.

Is 8 feet of hose going to be enough?"

Tim.
There will come a time that you will wish for a longer hose. You can mount a long piece of 4" PVC pipe with screw off cap under gas tank and fit a 15' hose in compressed. I copied Larry's fishing holder idea on mine but that didn't turn so well as someone ripped off my pole. But I doubt they would take a sewer hose.
Bob 01 23.5 TK, Jeep Cherokee Toad

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 145705
We seldom need more than a shorter length of hose, which we keep in the LD compartment . For those rare occasions when we need longer, we have about 20' in a plastic bag which we keep in the spare tire holder - it just fits into the center of the wheel . On this winter's 7-month journey, we have not used the longer hose once .

WxToad @ Sugar Hollow Park, Bristol, VA

Posted by:  timerb@sbcglobal . net timerb@sbcglobal . net Date: Tue Apr 8, 2014 6:36 pm ((PDT))

I know this is an exciting topic, I just picked up a 97 MB and was a little surprised on how small the hose locker is for  sewer drain hose .   I can only get about 8 feet of expanded hose in there when it is compressed  .
Is 8 feet of hose going to be enough?

Tim .

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 145706
Our hose is not quite that       long stretched out, and have not had any problems so far. You may       have to do a bit of maneuvering infrequently to get close enough.

Chuck 97RB @Hartford IA
1997 RB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 145708
We haven't had our 07 MidBath long but for the last two years I have not had an issue with the shorter sewer hose.  Things got a lot easier once I realized that the grey tank outlet sticks out far enough that when the  driver's side mirror is tilted down I can see the outlet and the area I am scooting up to.  It is very easy to get lined up at the dump station.
The mirror trick also helps when filling up as the outlet is directly below the gas cap.
John 07 MB
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 145723
Are you quite sure there isn't an obstruction in the tube? That sounds too short to be right. We could get a 20 footer in ours!