Skip to main content
Topic: Lazy Daze Caravan Club - Almost Newbie (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Lazy Daze Caravan Club - Almost Newbie
Yahoo Message Number: 145599
Hi All,

We've never been to a Caravan club get together and consequently, we're not registered (yet).  Horrors, we're undocumented Lazy Dazers.

The question is, do we just show up unannounced at the May 14-18, Live Oak Camp in Santa Barbara???  No reservations, no nuthin'.  It seems that we get registered with the Caravan club when we check in.

Are we supposed to join a Caravan group (like Past Tents)??  We're clueless on this too.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks for your help, Clueless Bob and Andrea 2000 26' MB
2000 MB

Re: Lazy Daze Caravan Club - Almost Newbie
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145604
"The question is, do we just  show up unannounced at the May 14-18, Live Oak Camp in Santa Barbara???   No reservations, no nuthin'.  It seems that we get registered with the  Caravan club when we check in.
Are we supposed to join a Caravan group (like Past Tents)??  We're clueless on this too."

Bob and Andrea
 All you need to do is show up. You can camp as first timers with the host group or camp with whoever you please. Many of the frequent posters here belong to the Past Tents group, self included.
You can join a group at any time or remain unaffiliated

All LD Caravan GTGs are open to any LD. Details below.
http://www.lazydazecaravanclub.org/

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 146316
I don't even have an LD yet but I wanted to take a look at LD's in the "wild." Can I crash with my Family on Sunday (just during the day) and take a look around and test LD owner's tolerance for my newbie questions and curiosity?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 146317
You should try to visit the LD get together some day from Wednesday through Saturday.  Most folks leave the Park first thing Sunday morning.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 146318
That would be ideal although I would be unable to make the trek until Sunday.  Maybe not worth the drive up from L.A., then?

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 146320
REALLY glad I asked. Thanks for the 411. Looks like I have to find time to go to the Mothership during the week.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 146322
Not sure if it's still true, but the factory showroom used to be open on Saturdays. Not sure of the hours though.  Larry in Monument, CO 2008 24' FD
Larry in Monument, CO
2008 24' FD

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 146324
I checked the website as that was my memory too but it now says they are closed on Saturdays

Bill Bussiere

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 146325
I just called. Was told they used to be open but very few people would come through. Only open M-F.  At any rate, their showroom is barren right now because they are in the process of putting in the most recent lines.