Skip to main content
Topic: TPMS TST507 (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
TPMS TST507
Yahoo Message Number: 145532
I have TPMS on the 2009 Ford Excape and there were times that I wished it  were not there. I was only back from Alaska ( I took the Escape to Alaska for 14  weeks) 1/2 day when it went out. The good part is that the car was still  under warranty and Ford paid the bill.  That was over $150. On the Ford  TPMS was standard and tied into the dash/mileage read out message area. If any  thing goes out it cancels the mileage read out. If you need an oil change that  read out is in mileage area until you take care of it. When I had a tire low  warning there was no mileage. I tried to fix the low tire but there was none.  Checked all tires. Inflated all tires to the same pressure, 32#. Gave it to the  dealer. It took them 2 tries to fix the problem. Two days gone and 150 if it  were not covered by warranty. The auto is no longer under warranty so next time  it is my $$$$ cost. And worst is you can not remove the system or deactivate it.  On a car I can not see it

Now for the MH that is another story. The front  tires? ? ? ? ? But the duels that could be a different story. You could have a flat  on one tire and not know it. This tire then could come apart and do a lot of  camper damage with high $$$$ repair. So today my brother bought me a TST 507  system for the LD. It came out of his inherence money. HA-HA. That is the same  way I got the snow blower last February.
After shopping around on the net I  found that this unit every where for $299 for 4 tires and add $100 for the next  2 tires to make it 6 for the MH. I got the unit from  www/GreatRVProducts. Com. $300 was there price for 4 tires and          if you bought it in March you got a 3 year warranty not the normal 2  year. In there net add they said they would match any ones price. Did some  searching and found that RVUpgrades. Com had it for $274.78 but $11 for shipping.  (TST507TPMSFT6) Every one else has the $400 price with the 6 tires. $300 for 4  tires. Called Great RV Products Sunday and they went along with the 274.78 price  but they know about the shipping cost so I paid $285 and free shipping. The  added 1 year warranty (to make it 3 years) is to end in March. There price would  have been $400 with out the price match.
Should have the unit by Wednesday.

George Retired Plumber

Re: TPMS TST507
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145533
Hi: note to all: I just ordered a set of 6 from great rv products, talked to Chip. Got the good discount & 3 yr wRrenty. He has 1 set left in stock.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Re: TPMS TST507
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 145541
Thanks for the tip, George.  We just got in under the wire and got the additional warranty and the peace of mind.
Wendy

center
2002 MB

TPMS TST507
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 145565
I also had been considering changing to the TST tire monitoring system and today called TST directly ( http://tsttruck.com). They said they would match any other advertised price on their 507 TMS and would give a 3-yr. warranty. That sounded good to me so I ordered the entire system with 10 sensors and the repeater matching the price from RVUpgrades. I like dealing directly with the manufacturer  they give 24/7 support. They advised not to unwrap the repeater and first try the system with the  toad w/o the repeater to see if all worked well. If it did, they would give a refund on the repeater after it was returned to them. As the LD has the aluminum skin it could be possible that the repeater will be needed. Only testing will tell.  I will install after getting home from our current trip.
Mike
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'