Skip to main content
Topic: Place for Valuables (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Place for Valuables
Yahoo Message Number: 145399
I have a 2005 26.5' MB and am trying to decide where to install a safe or find a place to hide valuables (some documents, my radio face plate, small electronics and possibly a pistol).
Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks, Lance

Re: Place for Valuables
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145401
Some with MB's pull off that membrane where the water pump is located behind the converter.  Probably not very secret now.

Joe Hamm

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 145403
I have a 2005 26.5' MB and am trying to decide  where to install a safe or find a place to hide valuables (some documents, my  radio face plate, small electronics and possibly a pistol).
Any ideas are  appreciated.
Thanks, Lance

I have a safe like this one from Harbor  Freight. Com           http://www.harborfreight.com/electronic-digital-safe-45891.html         It does not need a key. Is digital number pad. Use GOOD battery's and change  them every two years.
 Mounted it in the space under the bath room  lave. Open the door of the safe and put lag screws into the floor. I needed 7/8  spacers under the safe so the door would open with out having to cut the cabinet  apart. Have bolts through the top of safe into the shelf above the safe. Placed  spacers on side so they could not get pry bar in to force the safe out. They  would have to tear the lave cabinet apart to get the safe out. And still would  have to get it free from the floor.
Most people would not think of looking under  the lave. They are in a hurry and do not want to take the time to get into the  safe.
The camper also has an alarm system on the 3  doors and outside storage compartments with flashing blue light on driver  column. The light tells them that there is an alarm. Thieves' don't like noise  that will bring attention to them. In most cases they will go on and look for  easer picking.

George retired plumber

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 145404
Some people put a small 'safe' about the height of a safety deposit box in the storage space at the head of the overcab bed (if the rig is so equipped). I've seen a couple of MB and TKs with small 'safes' hidden in either/both of the recesses on either end of the upper rear cupboard;  'doors' cut to fit that look like part of original construction conceal the access to the space. A disadvantage of putting a 'safe' in either of these hidey holes is that its portability would make it more vulnerable, but if these locations are well-camouflaged, they could be viable options.

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 145405
Lance, I installed a keyed security box in the larger under dinette storage of our MB.
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-100-compact-security-lockbox.aspx
 The box is located next to the outside wall in the aft portion of the storage compartment.
The box is secured with 4 bolts through the floor. Careful measurement will allow you to have sufficient space to clear the propane tank if your tank is in the same position as my 2002 MB.

Malcolm Austin, TX
2002 Mid Bath