Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 Morro Bay GTG wrap up. (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
2014 Morro Bay GTG wrap up.
Yahoo Message Number: 145309
Thanks to everyone that attend this years GTG at Morro Bay.
It was the biggest yet with 41 LDs, 2 SOBs and around 80 attendees, more that what I could keep track of.  The weather could not have been better with mostly clear skies and dry evenings. Which allow the evenings activities to last later than usual.
Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoyed the wide variety of things to do, see and eat. The Bayside Cafe, across the street at the marina, appreciated the surge in income.
The two potlucks were well attended with enough variation to keep most happy.

The increase in the size of the event has exceeded my ability to manage it alone or with a single partner. I would like to have enough time to breath and maybe to visit with folks a little more.
In response, Steve Holmstrom has set up a Yahoo website just for this event. Invitations to join this group have been sent out to those who provided us with their correct email address.

If your invite is missing or if you would like to join and participate in next year's event, please use the link below to access the site and join. Either Steve or I will OK  your application.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LazyDazeAtMorroBay/info

As next year's March GTG gets closers, volunteers will be solicited to take care of the various needs.
More to come later on the new Forum.

Once again, thanks to everyone attending.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: 2014 Morro Bay GTG wrap up.
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145334
You've created a monster, Larry. And a nice one at that.

Chris

Thanks to everyone that attend this years GTG at Morro Bay.
It was the biggest yet with 41 LDs, 2 SOBs and around 80 attendees, more that what I could keep track of. The weather could not have been better with mostly clear skies and dry evenings. Which allow the evenings activities to last later than usual.
Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoyed the wide variety of things to do, see and eat. The Bayside Cafe, across the street at the marina, appreciated the surge in income.
The two potlucks were well attended with enough variation to keep most happy.

The increase in the size of the event has exceeded my ability to manage it alone or with a single partner. I would like to have enough time to breath and maybe to visit with folks a little more.
In response, Steve Holmstrom has set up a Yahoo website just for this event. Invitations to join this group have been sent out to those who provided us with their correct email address.

If your invite is missing or if you would like to join and participate in next year's event, please use the link below to access the site and join. Either Steve or I will OK your application.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LazyDazeAtMorroBay/info

As next year's March GTG gets closers, volunteers will be solicited to take care of the various needs.
More to come later on the new Forum.

Once again, thanks to everyone attending.
Larry
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: 2014 Morro Bay GTG wrap up.
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 145337
Larry and Renee, thanks for putting together the Morro Bay GTG and making us feel so welcome. It was our first time at the GTG, and we hope to return next year. It was great finally getting to meet in person all of the people whose comments I have read over the many years past.  You will be happy to hear that a diagnosis has been made on my Atwood flame-throwing range.

Cindy (and Frank), Corona, CA 2004 Blue MB/2004 Tracker
Cindy Beck
2004 MB Blue/White, Honda CRV
Corona, CA