Skip to main content
Topic: Fall River Battery AGM (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Fall River Battery AGM
Yahoo Message Number: 145177
Went to the RV show here in Denver yesterday and seen another bat than the  Trojan. They have a bat the same spec as the Trogan T105 but in AGM. (DC224-6) The cost  was about 300. The show special is 220 each. They also had the Trojan for 120  show special. I do like the idea of the MGA but the question is the extra  cost justified Has any one used the Fall River battery and how have they held up.
The Trojan is made in US and the Full River is made in China.
So far a search on the net has not come up with any user reports.

Re: Fall River Battery AGM
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145178
'The Trojan is made in US and the Full River is made in China.
So far a search on the net has not come up with any user reports'
 Like so many items from China, you have never heard of the manufacturer or have any idea of the quality level. No way would I buy a no-name battery, especially one as expensive as a AGM.
A brand name 6-volt AGM, such as Lifeline, also retails at around $300 so why even consider the no name.
If you do buy a set, please let us know how they hold up.
 The advantages of  AGM is minimal for most of us. You don't need to add water but with a remote water system, it only takes a few minutes two or three times a years to perform. They are good if you add batteries to the interior since they do not out-gas. They can provide or adsorb high current levels, good if you have a big inverter or a 100-amp or bigger battery charger (usually only available with very large inverters) but not of much use to 99% of us. Considering you can buy T-105 replacements at Costco, made by Johnston Control, for around a $100 each, I fail to to see the great value of the AGMs,. You pay a lot of not having to check the water and, in return, must be more vigilant in making sure the converter does not overcharge the AGMs, a problem plaguing newer LDs, Factory equipped with AGMs.
Once a AGM is overcharged and dried up, it's history since it is sealed and cannot have electrolyte added.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Fall River Battery AGM
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 145184
I have 2 Trojan T-145's which is the most capacity you can get in the stock battery compartment (at least for my 01). This has worked well with 3 solar panels I have never run the batteries below 69% capacity even with extended boondocking. I'm having a 4th solar panel added so I can run my inverter more often.
I don't think the AGM's are worth the extra money unless you need so many batteries some have to be inside.

Bob 01 23.5 TK, Jeep Cherokee Toad