Skip to main content
Topic: Some Yahoo Mail Accounts had Passwords Compromised (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Some Yahoo Mail Accounts had Passwords Compromised
Yahoo Message Number: 144800
I thought I posted this already.  If it is a duplicate post please forgive me.  I am not a huge fan of the new Yahoo, but I am not blaming Yahoo on this issue, the company was robbed.   Even though you may not have received anything official it may be a good time to change your account password.  A local news station on the issue: http://wtop.com/256/3553236/Yahoo-e-mail-passwords-stolen

I bring this up even though it is not an RV issue but because everyone on this group has a Yahoo account.  If that account shares a password with any of your other on line  accounts you may be at risk depending on the type of accounts that share the passwords.

John Green 07 Mid Bath.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: Some Yahoo Mail Accounts had Passwords Compromised
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 144812
From Yahoo's press release:
 "Yahoo said the usernames and passwords weren't collected from its own systems, but from a third-party database."
 Yahoo is the host platform for a number of other email services including ATT.NET  Several people have gotten email that looked like it came from my att.net account.  The "addressees" all appear to be people that were in my "web mail" contact list at att.net.  However, all of this information can be faked.  I have not had access to any of the emails to examine the internal header and find the real source.  I will give odds that the originating URL is in South America.

Doug Baker