Skip to main content
Topic: 'Safety Step' (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
'Safety Step'
Yahoo Message Number: 144783
PPL has the Safety Step (large and 'regular') on sale:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-steps/safety-step-stool.htm?source=froogle_p?utm_source=email&utm_medium=parts&utm_campaign=StepSafely-01-29-14

The sale prices are good, but I didn't check shipping charges.

I have a large step, and find it indispensable for 'no tip, no slip' entry and exit to and out of the motorhome.  The step is well-constructed and very solid; definitely recommended.

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: 'Safety Step'
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 144786
I'll second Joan's thoughts on the value of the large step.  We have one of the 14 inch x 19 inch steps and it is a much better "target for the foot" when getting out of the rig than is the LD step.  After we acquired ours I added two pieces of "anti-skid" material (each about 6 inches x 18 inches) to the top of the step; one at the front edge and one at the back edge.  The pieces of material have a large yellow stripe along one edge which makes the edges of the step very  visible, particularly at night.  The material was really intended for use on "regular" steps.  Mine came from Home Depot, but I have also seen it other places.

Doug

Re: 'Safety Step'
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 144788
The most common brand of anti-skid tapes is 3M. 3M Safety-Walk is widely available at hardware stores and home centers.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=3m+safety+walk+treads&tag=googhydr-20&index=industrial&hvadid=12038272524&hvpos=1s4&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10124739361764991021&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_40gg0gtz90_b

It used it in several place on our LD. On the roof, all the ceiling joist are marked with Safety-Walk to encourage stepping on roof supports and to prevent slipping when the roof is moist.
On the front bumper, a piece was been placed in the lower hole for use a step up to the windshield.
If you coach step's anti-skid is worn, Safety-Walk can be used replace it. It come in various lengths and widths.

FYI, if the cab's entry step's sandpaper surfaces is worn or damage, the Mothership sells pre-cut adhesive-backed replacements. They also have replacements for the entry step and and at the base of the roof ladder.
It requires that all the old adhesive is removed, before applying the new covering, if you want the new to stay attached.

Larry
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze