Skip to main content
Topic: Need Towing Baseplate for a Honda Civic? Last chance before recyclin (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Need Towing Baseplate for a Honda Civic? Last chance before recyclin
Yahoo Message Number: 144604
http://hegge.com/Honda%20Baseplate/

Last chance before this towing baseplate goes in the recycling bin! This is a baseplate which attaches to the front of the car so it can be easily towed behind an RV.

A couple years ago I bought a  beautiful 1983 Honda Civic.
40,000 original miles, hadn't run in 10 years, always stored indoors & runs great! It had a towing baseplate on it that I don't need so I removed it.
Above is a link to 3 pix of the baseplate & the 20' long wire + a pix of the baseplate on the Civic.

Baseplate Model BX2203 No additional fasteners are needed!  This baseplate uses existing fasteners under the bumper.
Here's a link to a vendor that sells Baseplates & they still have this model # listed.
http://blueox.com/bx-r-BaseplateProducts.aspx?ProductId=525

Let me know if there's any interest.
Any reasonable offer accepted.
Erik in Los Angeles

Re: Need Towing Baseplate for a Honda Civic? Last chance before rec
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 144616
I would be interested in that base plate.  My son just welded his version of one to my civic.  but I have a tow assembly that is missing the real plate (714) 204 6914. sandy.
P. S. My son has his own shop in anaheim CA. he can build, fabricate, assemble, recreate, install, rebuild, nearly anything  mechanical, electronic......"Olson Kustom Works".

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:40 AM, Erik  Orre  wrote:

Re: Need Towing Baseplate for a Honda Civic? Last chance before rec
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 144669
I just sent message to my son to check out your tow plate

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:01 AM, sandra olson  wrote:

Towing Baseplate for a Honda Civic?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 144617
Sandra,

Sounds great! I just rang you but got vm.
Please ring me....I'm available all day today.

Thx, Erik Mobile 310 748-2326