Skip to main content
Topic: Michelin recall (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Michelin recall
Yahoo Message Number: 144340
Visited my 2011 TK in storage today. Gratified that my tires are dated 4910. We are now in 5213. I am eligible for 7 new tires to replace my 3 year old tires. Michelin lists Costco as an authorized dealer. I will call them tomorrow to see if they will replace my tires. Has anyone here used Costco to do this?
James Allen Jackson

Re: Michelin recall
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 144342
I would think it best to go back to the same store name where you bought them. But keep in mind that there is to be NO charge for the new tires. This included stems if replaced, balance, and extended warranty. be prepaired for and aurgment. If need be call Michelin first to be sure. And have the store call if there is a problem.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 144344
Thank you for your thoughts and advice. The tires came on the LD from the Ford factory. I have Tireman's extended brass valve stems with Alligators. I have called an America's Tire in Hemet and they told me it was a voluntary recall. They only had 5 tires and sounded like they were reluctant to do it. I like Costco because it is a good company. I will call them today.
James Allen Jackson

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 144349
Take michelin's phone number with you to your appointment.

I just got 7 free tires on my 2011 24FL from the local Discount Tire. They said it was free except for Washington state's $1/tire environmental tax. I called Michelin, who said I should fax the detailed receipt in with a request for reimbursement.  I asked to use Discount Tires fax machine and the manager told me he'd just spoken to his regional manager and been told to not charge me the tax...they'd take it out of their end.

Lori Y
Lori Y
2011 24FL