Skip to main content
Topic: MB question (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
MB question
Yahoo Message Number: 143734
I am looking at a 2005 MB on a dealer's website.  It has a unit number 2918 on the front if anyone recognizes the unit.  It has 128K miles.  I have a couple of questions.
 I have a handle on the chassis side of things as far as that mileage.  But, how does the LD body hold up to that kind of mileage?
 Secondly, in the photo it looks like there is less than a normal amount of cab seat travel available.  Are the seats jammed forward in the MB plan?  I really doubt it, but it doesn't cost anything to ask. :)

Thanks, Don M

Re: MB question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143735
Don,

I have an '05 MB.  It's a few miles away so I can't compare the rig numbers.

More than mileage, the things that might make a difference are where it was stored when not used, the kind of roads and conditions it was driven in, how often it was washed and waxed, how well the house batteries were maintained, etc.

Both the driver and passenger seats have immovable limits to the backwards movement.  The fridge limits the driver seat and the dinette area seat back the passenger seat.  The driver seat is powered.  My wife and I are both about 5' 10" and have no problem being comfortable in the seats.  But, YMMV.

Alex Rutchka, SE #4

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 143739
"It has a unit number 2918 on the front..." --- "2918" is very likely a Lazy Daze Caravan Club rig number; these numbers are assigned to LD owners in the order in which they first attend a CC outing. The number isn't relevant to anything except the CC. I won't speculate as to whose rig it might be. ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 143748
The dealer is the manufacturer of Nexus motorhomes. So my guess is the owner(s) of the Lazy Daze decided to purchase a Nexus and traveled from California to trade in their LD towards that purchase.

Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 143753
>The dealer is the manufacturer of Nexus motorhomes. So my guess is the owner(s) of the Lazy Daze >decided to purchase a Nexus and traveled from California to trade in their LD towards that purchase.

Regarding that LD on Nexus' website, Doug B, was/is that your rig?
 I know you had looked at Nexus a couple of time (I visited their factory last spring) and had been shopping for your next RV. Care to elaborate on what your bought and why?

Steve K. (still shopping too)
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Used MB #2918/ Doug B?
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 143754
Steve K,

I think you ID'd the right owner, based on the Caravan Club newsletter.  I won't ask for his contact info, but if any of you know him/them, could you contact them and ask if they'd be willing to exchange emails with me about the unit?  That way they can say no if they want, with no complications for them, and I'll never know the difference. :)

We are close to pulling the trigger on another SOB, but I'd be very interested in this LD if I could find some history on it.  It doesn't hurt that my wife has decided she likes the vintage LD look. :)

Thanks,

Don M

To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: [LD] RE: RE: MB question

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 143755
Yes, Steve, it was my rig. Earlier today I sent the email below to Don M in response to his original post.  I intended it to be posted to the group but it got sent as a private email.  I did the reply from the daily digest and it still has the "old reply links" and I picked the wrong one.
 I don't believe that it is appropriate for me to discuss my choice of the Nexus in this forum.  I will only offer two comments:
IMHO the Nexus offers greater value for the money than does the 2013 Lazy Daze Mid-bath.
Dealing with Nexus is significantly different than dealing with Lazy Daze; at the opposite end of the scale.

******** Email to Don******* Don
 The blue and white MB with the 2918 label was mine.  A week ago I traded it in for a new Nexus.  The 2918 was my rig number in the LD Caravan Club.  I intended to remove the number but forgot it.
 To answer your one question:   I don't know where Nexus positioned the cab seats.  However, the seats are stock Ford E-450, for the 2005 year (a little different in recent years).  They have limited forward-backward movement.
 If you PM me (2dbaker at att.net) I will answer questions, except those that relate to $$.  This is a "one time offer" and I will do it only for you.  I am sending Nexus a complete detailed history of the rig and its current status.  All other information must come from them.  If they need help with questions they will contact me.  The LD is no longer mine and I do not want to become involved in their sales operations.  Be aware that this posting and answers to your questions will be sent to the Nexus sales persons.

Doug

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 143756
For some reason only part of my message got posted.  The latter part was indented and disappeared.  It was as follows:

Two comments: > IMHO the Nexus offers better value for the money than the 2013 Lazy Daze Mid-bath.
 Dealing with Nexus is significantly different than dealing with Lazy Daze; opposite end of the scale.

******Email Sent to Don***

Don,
 The blue and white MB with the 2918 label was mine.  A week ago I traded it in for a new Nexus.  The 2918 was my rig number in the LD Caravan Club.  I intended to remove the number but forgot it.
 To answer your one question:   I don't know where Nexus positioned the cab seats.  However, the seats are stock Ford E-450, for a the 2005 year (a little different in recent years).  They have limited forward-backward movement.
 If you PM me (2dbaker at att.net) I will answer questions, except those that relate to $$.  This is a "one time offer" and I will do it only for you.  I am sending Nexus a complete detailed history of the rig and its current status.  All other information must come from them.  If they need help with questions they will contact me.  The LD is no longer mine and I do not want to become involved in their sales operations.  Be aware that this posting and answers to your questions will be sent to the Nexus sales persons.

Doug

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 143775
Doug:  I can understand that you don't want to interfere with the resale by Nexus of your LD.  However (there's always a "but"), you have tantalized us with the two general statements and I think many on this forum would indeed like to hear your thoughts on switching to Nexus.  I'll grill you anyway when we see you both at the Live Oak Caravan this month, but I'm sure your comments and decision factors would be of great interest here.  -- Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 143784
Hi Jon,
 You may be right that I do owe the LD community some rationale as to why I bailed out, but at the moment I don't really feel that way.  I will  be more than happy to discuss the subject with you, and any other LD owners, during the LD Caravan at Live Oak next month.  Our Nexus will be there.
 I didn't think it appropriate to proselytize LD owners for Nexus on this forum, although I think that Nexus would be pleased.  However, if Andy and the other moderators of the forum think that such a posting is a good idea, I will put it together.   I  would probably so it as a "PDF file document" and ask the moderator's to review same before I made it available.   I may now own an SOB but I still have a very strong feeling for Lazy Daze and certainly do not want to do anything that would bad-mouth or denigrate either the  company or the product.

Doug Baker

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 143788
"I didn't think it appropriate to proselytize LD owners for Nexus on this forum, although I think that Nexus would be pleased. However, if Andy and the other moderators of the forum think that such a posting is a good idea, I will put it together. I would probably so it as a 'PDF file document' and ask the moderator's to review same before I made it available."

I think that's a good plan, Doug. No need to submit it for review--just go ahead and post it to the Files section.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"